Thank you Euro... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Thank you Euro...

jc100

Not too much good news in Canada with the Loonie vs the U.S. $. But the Euro isn't doing so well either which means there's the occasional deal on some European sites.

i just bought some Givi luggage from the outlet store of motostorm.it and saved a few hundred or so dollars even taking into account shipping charges. I added Givi inner bags, cargo nets and a key set to make all locks the same for way way less than the price of the luggage here. Motorcycle accessories have no duty on delivery so taxes should be the only thing to add. Beware if ordering clothing though, you will get dinged for duty most likely. Some of the German stores have good deals on gear. Even after duties you should come out ahead if ordering high end boots etc. There's a few tasty Goretex jackets on the German sites for around $2-300 ish CDN.

Not too much good news in Canada with the Loonie vs the U.S. $. But the Euro isn't doing so well either which means there's the occasional deal on some European sites.

i just bought some Givi luggage from the outlet store of motostorm.it and saved a few hundred or so dollars even taking into account shipping charges. I added Givi inner bags, cargo nets and a key set to make all locks the same for way way less than the price of the luggage here. Motorcycle accessories have no duty on delivery so taxes should be the only thing to add. Beware if ordering clothing though, you will get dinged for duty most likely. Some of the German stores have good deals on gear. Even after duties you should come out ahead if ordering high end boots etc. There's a few tasty Goretex jackets on the German sites for around $2-300 ish CDN.

Interesting, never considered that as an option. Any good Klim options?

I've used biker-land.de for large purchases a couple of times. They are quick and professional; typical German.

Have you received them yet? Don't count your chickens before they hatch...you may still have CBSA to reckon with.

Those purchases were a couple of years ago. I just wanted to chip in on biker-land. Took maybe three or four weeks to get to my door? I think I dodged paying duty on them (hint: there are no duties levied on safety equipment, although it is a crap shoot how it gets categorized at the border) although I'm pretty sure I paid taxes.

Have you received them yet? Don't count your chickens before they hatch...you may still have CBSA to reckon with.

Taxes yes...duties ..not on motorcycle accessories. Still comes out about $200 CDN better.

Watch out buying clothing though..you'll get dinged for duty.

Bikerland is legit.....there's a lot of European stuff now that is reasonably attractive. Have a look at the Shark helmets for instance. Some good deals about. Also remember that on some of those Euro sites when you put the stuff in your cart and select Canada as destination then the VAT comes off too, that can be a further 19% reduction in some cases I think (or maybe it's less, not sure).

Ordered a set of mivv suonos for my 696 a few weeks ago from carpimoto in italy, came out to about 680 after shipping not a bad deal at all

jc100, which cases did you order and why did you choose them? I am in the market for some panniers. Experienced tourers, what makes a good set?

Thanks for the tip, my new exhuast for my Multistrada is going to come from Germany by the looks of it

I love motostorm! I've ordered many items from there, and motorama as well.

Even with 18% duties and HST, you still save 200-500 bucks depending on the clothing.

Is there duties on helmets?

Shark Evoline 3 from motostorm is less than CDN price pretax!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just make sure it's dot. I know shoes for example makes some helmets for places that aren't dot and while they're the same helmet we have here it could cause you an issue

8.5%

Just make sure it's dot. I know shoes for example makes some helmets for places that aren't dot and while they're the same helmet we have here it could cause you an issue

No, Not necessarily. For Ontario, if your helmet is ECE rated, you're fine.

Thanks for the reminder. Just ordered some Dainese Proshape hip/knee protectors. Total cost including shipping was $56. Local stealership wanted over $90 plus tax. US online was $60 US plus $20 US shipping. Even if I get dinged for tax/duty it will still be less. Shipping via DHL so hopefully they don't have the foolish FedEx fees.

Back
Top Bottom