Towing a motorcycle with a car | GTAMotorcycle.com

Towing a motorcycle with a car

dawg

I have a 2012 GTI and just hooked up a trailer.

The weight on the tongue with the trailer and no bike was 90lbs but I didn't get a chance to weigh it with the bike.

Not sure if the pic helps at all but looking for feedback if this setup looks ok. Possibly from others who have a similar setup or experience.

Thanks.

kv0De1VY60hoMCaL_R0D5tzYdVabDllN061WhJCO8pQ%2CeL7vu80VP72sTR-uqtorjGcNmtiDx6xRfFjrvyi5qr0

I used to tow using my Jetta... I think it had an 1100 pound tow rating. It would tow nicely, never struggled. I had a converted old camper trailer frame with a flat deck so it was probably a lot heavier trailer than yours!

Looks like its sitting ok. If you could move the bike back a bit, maybe so the rearset or vertical part of the frame is over the axle it might lighten the tongue weight a bit for you if you think its too much... but don't move it too far back, you do want the trailer a little front heavy.

I'd put fenders over the tires on the trailer though, the tires will kick up all kinds of crap.

tongue weight should be about 10% I believe... cant remember if thats load + trailer or just load.

+1 on the fenders, you can get a ticket for that, or so I've been told.

Back
Top Bottom