Badge waver... | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Badge waver...

Oh i agree but the typical attitude of most these days is **** the police. The invincible ignorant crowd should have a special charge just for them. Lots of people think this way and believe they're treated unfairly when in fact they're breaking the law. Same as a cop being a twit imo

Now start busting them for not wearing seat belts when in Police cars.
They give us tickets for not wearing them, and give us tickets for doing exactly what they do.

How about handing out DUI tickets to every last one of them?

How about busting them for talking to the girlfriend on the phone when driving, that is not official business.

How about giving them tickets for typing on the computer while driving?

Would it be legal for me to be using a lap top and talking on my phone at the same time in my car?????

Helpful if you can catch them in the act as we all know if they get into an accident while under the influence the best thing to do is leave the scene! Can't count the number of times I've read of cops leaving the scene of accidents. Can't charge you with drunk driving if you go home and have a few more beers.

Also preferential treatment starts before you're even sworn in. A friend of mines brother was in the middle of the interview processes and rear ended someone. He told the cop he was about to become an officer and what do you know, when the court date came up the cop somehow mis-placed his notes- careless driving charge dropped.

In a recent case of a cop charged with dui, the arresting officer forgot to read him his rights, don'tcha know, so the case was dismissed.

(Or it was some other kind of process thing, but obviously it was accidentally on purpose.)

Backing it into a parking spot... good one!

And I'm well aware that it's a small charge. It was the most minor charge I laid all day. I pulled two vehicles off the road for being unsafe, served a smattering of CMV charges for defective brakes, and took photos at a motorcycle crash scene. The rider evaded police only to lay it down on the first offramp.

I don't post here to gloat, I post to share my experiences with a group of people who I think would benefit from seeing things from the policing side once in a while. In this case to make the thin blue line a little thinner.

Please don't say laid it down. He or she fell off.

Law should be the same for all citizens.

I'm glad you didn't let him off with a slap on the wrist... 3 years is a long time

@MikeMrsguided not entirely sure if that story is true. The other driver who was rear-ended would be showing up to trial not the officer. Officers notes would be irrelevant; the other's witness testimony is what would secure the conviction.

I never really understood the public outcry/butthurt when marked police vehicles are breaking the rules of the road. Uniformed cop is talking on their phone in a marked cruiser?

Why does that rustle some jimmies?

Cop Car parked in a 'No Parking Zone' or in front of a Fire Hydrant, let me take a picture #policecorruption

Cop Car speeding down residential street and blowing stop sign without sirens/lights, let me take a snapchat #timmiesrun

People obviously don't even know the full context of where they're going... or what they're doing. Somehow they have it all figured out.

I can honestly understand if an officer in his private vehicle and breaking the law; then he should be treated just like any other citizen and held fully accountable. DUI, handheld, or otherwise.

I can't believe the idiots that bash the guy for letting us know he doesn't favour cops. cop haters are going to hate no matter what they do. If he let the cop off and someone found out, the same idiots would bash him for favouring a cop.

I don't post here to gloat, I post to share my experiences with a group of people who I think would benefit from seeing things from the policing side once in a while. In this case to make the thin blue line a little thinner.

And how's that working out for you? The thin blue line is no thinner. The same consistent "Eff the police" people on here still feel the same and the people that actually appreciate the work the police do are annoyed you're not using your time wiser instead of looking for lame charges (not to mention making cops look even worse because of sharing what a ****** the other cop was).

Want to make the thin blue line thinner? Target your audience. The main reason people on here are going to hate the cops is because of speeding charges but since laying tickets is part of your job, let them (us) know you're looking out for the stolen bikes people post about on here and what you're doing to make it safer for riders. IMO those are the two biggest issues people on this forum would like the police to help with and would appreciate knowing the police are actually helping them out.

And how's that working out for you? The thin blue line is no thinner. The same consistent "Eff the police" people on here still feel the same and the people that actually appreciate the work the police do are annoyed you're not using your time wiser instead of looking for lame charges (not to mention making cops look even worse because of sharing what a ****** the other cop was).

Want to make the thin blue line thinner? Target your audience. The main reason people on here are going to hate the cops is because of speeding charges but since laying tickets is part of your job, let them (us) know you're looking out for the stolen bikes people post about on here and what you're doing to make it safer for riders. IMO those are the two biggest issues people on this forum would like the police to help with and would appreciate knowing the police are actually helping them out.

I'm someone that holds the police to a higher standard, many have me pegged as a cop hater... I don't have a problem with @Bike Cop holding his fellow officers to the letter of the law.

I'm someone that holds the police to a higher standard, many have me pegged as a cop hater... I don't have a problem with @Bike Cop holding his fellow officers to the letter of the law.

I prefer to hold everyone to the same standard :). That way it's fair when we all fail.

The main reason people on here are going to hate the cops is because of speeding charges but since laying tickets is part of your job, let them (us) know you're looking out for the stolen bikes people post about on here and what you're doing to make it safer for riders. IMO those are the two biggest issues people on this forum would like the police to help with and would appreciate knowing the police are actually helping them out.
This isn't really fair, BikeCop has addressed why speeding tickets are so popular in Ontario; they're easy to prosecute and get a conviction.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?183931&p=2194547&viewfull=1#post2194547
http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?170391&p=2234145&viewfull=1#post2234145

If speeding became a strict liability offence where defendants had a due diligence defence; I genuinely believe we'd see a sharp decline in the # of convictions & tickets. Especially if you have evidence (video) that you were travelling at the same rate of surrounding traffic.

You earned my respect, Bike Cop

Wow.

You did your job, came on here to post about giving another officer a ticket.

Im sure you are REAL popular in your detachment for sure.

It is exactly this attitude that makes police officers reluctant to charge other officers. Or paramedics, or firefighters, or military, or doctors, or nurses. If I thought I needed the support of my peers to feel popular, I'd swear I was in high school again.

It is not always police that perpetuate this 'professional courtesy' idea. I get this from everyone with a badge these days. Police, Fire, bylaw, probation and parole, whoever. My thinking is that more important than what job you do, is the way you conduct yourself. And that extends to everyone that I deal with. If you pull over when requested and are polite, you reap what you sow.

I know that I won't change some people's minds about the police. I'm okay with that. As I've said before, I police what I see. Sometimes big charges, sometimes small charges. I can't be everywhere. I do stop a lot of motorcycles. The trouble with the stolen bikes is that they don't stop, or they aren't on the highway. They could be in a garage being chopped up and sent overseas. They could be racing around Mosport. It would take a pretty special kind of person to transport a stolen bike on a flatbed trailer where I could see it, and they couldn't outrun me easily.

Have you looked in to a Citizen's on Patrol program in your area? You have an opportunity to be an extra set of eyes for the police, looking out for possibly stolen bikes. We don't need narcs. We need citizens willing to step up and let us know what they've seen and what they feel needs to be investigated. Our organization is always talking about 'intelligence-led policing' as being the future. Bring us your intel and let us investigate. You might just be more likely to see stolen bikes because of where you are, and not in uniform.

I appreciate everyone's feedback, whether it's positive or negative. It helps me to see the value in what I do, or if more is expected.

Some police suck some are good your like the Jim Gordon of Gotham :) keep up the good work nobody is above the law

Wow.

You did your job, came on here to post about giving another officer a ticket.

Im sure you are REAL popular in your detachment for sure.

If it's any consolation, I saw a fire truck park in the fire zone of the big grocery store the other day.
Firefighters ran in and bought groceries. Not one of them did anything "official" within the premises.
There were approx 150 spots where they could have parked the truck safely. There was absolutely no reason to endanger shoppers by blocking their view of traffic in the driveway. Hopefully, you do a better job than those clowns.

Why do you stop a lot of motorcycles??????

I know that I won't change some people's minds about the police. I'm okay with that. As I've said before, I police what I see. Sometimes big charges, sometimes small charges. I can't be everywhere. I do stop a lot of motorcycles. The trouble with the stolen bikes is that they don't stop, or they aren't on the highway. They could be in a garage being chopped up and sent overseas. They could be racing around Mosport. It would take a pretty special kind of person to transport a stolen bike on a flatbed trailer where I could see it, and they couldn't outrun me easily.

Have you looked in to a Citizen's on Patrol program in your area? You have an opportunity to be an extra set of eyes for the police, looking out for possibly stolen bikes. We don't need narcs. We need citizens willing to step up and let us know what they've seen and what they feel needs to be investigated. Our organization is always talking about 'intelligence-led policing' as being the future. Bring us your intel and let us investigate. You might just be more likely to see stolen bikes because of where you are, and not in uniform.

I appreciate everyone's feedback, whether it's positive or negative. It helps me to see the value in what I do, or if more is expected.

If it's any consolation, I saw a fire truck park in the fire zone of the big grocery store the other day.
Firefighters ran in and bought groceries. Not one of them did anything "official" within the premises.
There were approx 150 spots where they could have parked the truck safely. There was absolutely no reason to endanger shoppers by blocking their view of traffic in the driveway. Hopefully, you do a better job than those clowns.

irrelvant conversation and completely different conversations..

.. And I seriously doubt anyone was in danger too.

Why do you stop a lot of motorcycles??????

lol...way to jump on him for a single line.

I'm not a cop hater or lover, but I do hold them to a higher standard, just like I do for priests, etc. Keep posting BikeCop. Always good to see "the other side" as it were.

Back
Top Bottom