Badge waver... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Badge waver...

9 out of 13 provinces in Canada don't seem to care, plus Ontario doesn't mind about Motorcycle's operating with no front plate and a rear plate that's half the size.

Seriously wish these patrol guys would focus more time on the distracted driving aspect, you know try and make a difference on our roads.

Presence or absence of a front plate is something for the legislature to decide ... not the cops. The cops just apply whatever is on the books.

Changing Ontario laws to remove the front plate requirement is an extremely low priority. As long as it's on the books, not having a front plate is a valid reason to get pulled over. Don't want to get pulled over for that? then install the front plate.

It is for the same reason that my street bikes all have the original turn signals, the license plate in the original location, both mirrors, quiet muffler, etc.

Clog the courts with a no frt licence plate ticket...good job. Ridiculous waste of time and money, plus you post on here gloating about it like the roads will be safer.

He's not clogging anything. The people that fight a charge even though they are guilty hoping that the Police Officer doesn't show for trial so that the charge will be dismissed are the ones that clog up the system.

You mean there's a law about licence plates? I thought as long as you drove a four door car at or under the speed limit you could do anything you wanted. What's next? Telling people they can't stay in the left lane forever? Use turn signals? If this keeps up I'll have to read the driver's handbook.

If I didn't have a front plate, how would I know which SUV is mine when I return to it after backing into a parking spot?

If I didn't have a front plate, how would I know which SUV is mine when I return to it after backing into a parking spot?

Backing it into a parking spot... good one!

And I'm well aware that it's a small charge. It was the most minor charge I laid all day. I pulled two vehicles off the road for being unsafe, served a smattering of CMV charges for defective brakes, and took photos at a motorcycle crash scene. The rider evaded police only to lay it down on the first offramp.

I don't post here to gloat, I post to share my experiences with a group of people who I think would benefit from seeing things from the policing side once in a while. In this case to make the thin blue line a little thinner.

Jumbos all day long. Gonna make a thread after my shift.

Wow.

You did your job, came on here to post about giving another officer a ticket.

Im sure you are REAL popular in your detachment for sure.

I don't know what the problem is. I appreciate hearing from bikercop.

But thank you for doing the job that the public has entrusted you to do and is paying for. Now try to do something to get these jerk off's out of the passing lane.

Seriously. They need to do a blitz on this ASAP. There is not enough enforcement on this and it is brutal. I really think that getting these hogs out the left lane can reduce traffic by an astounding amount but it's never taken seriously.

Seriously. They need to do a blitz on this ASAP. There is not enough enforcement on this and it is brutal. I really think that getting these hogs out the left lane can reduce traffic by an astounding amount but it's never taken seriously.

+ 1

How about giving them a ticket when at the red light they turn the light on
just to pass everybody and then turn it off.
I saw a cop driving over the curb and sidewalk to avoid a 2 min wait.

Case in point:

[video=youtube_share;LZhdvl_P1Zc]http://youtu.be/LZhdvl_P1Zc[/video]

Last edited:
Bikecop , good on you mate.

I don't know what the problem is. I appreciate hearing from bikercop.
I dunno.. It's a Ontario thing... You know the one about how do you know you've landed at Pearson? When the pilot turns off the engines you can still hear the whining..

If they come up with a badge waving charge then they need to come up with a "every cop is bad" whining charge. In the gta alone they'd make a killing.

If they come up with a badge waving charge then they need to come up with a "every cop is bad" whining charge. In the gta alone they'd make a killing.
someone complaining about the behaviour of the police is hardly looking for special treatment when caught breaking the law... I look at badge waving akin to bribery..

Back
Top Bottom