Badge waver... | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Badge waver...

Professional courtesy or whatever you wish to call the badge flash=get away clear rule has existed for as long as police, military, EMS and medical staff, and yes even building inspectors (I was in the car and watched) have been issued badges, id cards and special hats. And it will never go away.

I'm not sure I understand the motive of the OP with the post, unless he was looking for vindication of being considered a dick by another officer and needed to be told he's just OK for handing out that ticket.

My level of interest is which dept was the other officer with? There is a peeing contest that has existed for years between various policing services, was this stand off over a missing front plate part of that?

I stopped another cop today, simple offence - no front plate. I got tinned. I asked where the front plate was, and got tinned again. I told the driver that I saw the badge, and asked the question again. The driver said that the dealership didn't put the plate on. I asked for the driver's documents, and told them to put the badge away. I read the ownership and saw that the vehicle was plated almost 3 years ago, and was registered to the driver. I told the driver that in almost 3 years they had not put a licence plate on the front, and the driver got very agitated with me and said, "I know how old my car is".

I asked, "Do you intend to put a licence plate on the front of your car?". The response was, "Well... maybe... one day".

I returned to my car and wrote the ticket. I served the ticket and was told "I hope you write some GOOD tickets today". I told the officer that the answer to the question should have been a simple yes. The officer then tried to downplay the value of traffic enforcement, since their job in criminal investigations was much more important than mine.

I don't feel good about charging other officers. Not because I'm not supposed to, or because of some thin blue line nonsense, but because they really ought to know better.

Yes, you have a badge. Yes I saw it. Even though you kept waving it at me like some rookie cop, you still get the ticket for this one.

Like most people, I don't like getting hassled when I'm doing my job. But being hassled by someone who is supposed to understand what I have to do, is totally uncalled for.

See you in court.

You are doing the Lord's work.

Set up a Crowdfunding page... You will get lots of donations.

As a side note and recognizing this isn't a criminal matter, many criminals have a certain trait. They don't conform to society rules regarding other people's possessions, other people's rights etc.

They also don't conform to traffic laws so from time to time a wanted criminal has been picked up because he/she ran a stop sign, failed to update a plate sticker by a few days, etc.

I hope the OP will come back and update us if there is a conviction or not. That will be a good indication if the system is working. My worry, it will be dropped by the crown, someone will not show up for trial, put at the bottom of the list so a charter motion can be used, etc. Writing the ticket is just the first part. Hey maybe the guy with no front plate will just pay the ticket, who knows.

The sad part is this should not be news, but it is.

Not sure if this goes here or in the "Joke of the day" but it does deal with one cop pulling over "another cop", kind of :p:

A blonde cop stops blonde motorist and asks for her driving license.

The Motorist scuffles around in her purse and can't find it. She says to the cop, "I must have left it at home officer."

The cop says, "Well, do you have any kind of identification?" The motorist scuffles around in her purse again, and finds a pocket mirror.

She looks at it and says to the cop, "All I have is this picture of myself." The cop says, "Let me see it, then." So the blonde motorist gives the mirror to the blonde cop, who looks at it, and replies, "Well, if I had known you were a police officer, I wouldn't have even pulled you over. You can go now."

I love blonde jokes ?

Back
Top Bottom