Ride -- The Motorcycle version of Forza Motorsport | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ride -- The Motorcycle version of Forza Motorsport

pal? Any game runs hdmi, you can buy from anywhere in the world. The originally did not sell it here because motorcycle racing is all but dead in North America.

PAL is the format for Europe, HDMI is simply the audio/video interface. NTSC is the format we use in North America.

PAL is the format for Europe, HDMI is simply the audio/video interface. NTSC is the format we use in North America.

CafeRay is right.

PAL/NTSC are analog television standards, each with a slightly different resolution and frame rate. With the advent of HDTV, things were standardized internationally on 1280x720 and 1080x1920. There are slightly different frame rates still possible, but video games console will generally go for 30Hz or 60Hz.

Region locking is another matter. PS3 and PS4 in practice are not region locked. Xbox 360 and XBone are sometimes, mostly for content reasons (e.g. in country X blood/propaganda/uncomfortable historical accuracy is bad)

I head it's a May Release date here and may be a digital download only title on the consoles

Maybe on an old CRT TV.

I buy games from Europe all the time. This ceased to be an issue years ago.

Some people still strangely run CRT. Thanks for the info, I haven't kept up with that.

The Ride demo is on Xbox one. You have to change the location to UK to download.
It's pretty awful. It's clear they funded the game development with advertising, but the graphics, sound, control and physics are pretty awful. I'm surprised they offered a demo.

I miss Climax ' s Motogp games on the original xbox. They got bought by Disney and that was the end of good Motogp games.

I still hook up the PS2 now and then when it gets too cold to ride and play TT.

You can actually buy the game now through the PSN store. I just bought MotoGP 14 for the PS4 through PSN, so i'm sure RIDE and Motogp 15 will be available through the store also. No more ordering hard copies through Ebay (which you pay an exuberant amount).

I liked the THQ versions but it's been downhill ever since...
The starting song from like the 2003 Gp season is in there, with that fast twitchy guitar, or however you'd describe it. I still wish they opened MotoGp with it, instead of that Majestic horse doo doo they have now.

I picked up motogp 14 for xbox360 last November when it came out at eb games. The store only ordered 2 copies knowing they wouldn't sell. So you can still buy them if you can find them

Ok so it's the Milestone physics from the Motogp series with street bikes. That's pretty much it. So that means even in pro handling mode I can jam the brakes down mid corner downshift like a mad man quick down from 5th to 2nd and still glide through the corner like my tires are made of glue and magnets.

Disapointing to say the least. Feels like no effort put in at all and they knew there has been no replacement for Tourist Trophy yet so it might be a sale. I'll wait for the price to drop at least 50% before I concider it for a purchase.

Mind you this is just the demo

From playing the demo I can assure you the Tourist Trophy on PS2 is a bit better.

It is better.

The other problem is that the game is bug filled and hasn't been patched.

Motogp15 trailer was released yesterday the only new feature they added that i can see is you can change the color of the fairings on your bike now. ******.

油井緋色;2308053 said:
It is better.

The other problem is that the game is bug filled and hasn't been patched.
That's why I I'm holding off the final real judgement of the game. It was only a demo and the North American release will probably come out patched when it hits in June.

One great thing about Ride is that it will allow you to upgrade parts on your bike. Something that TT didn't do.

I prefer the TT controls over Ride's BUT I still say the best control scheme was from the Climax studios Motogp games.

Chances are I'm going to buy Ride as their aren't many games like this at all, but I'm going to wait for a Deals with Gold sale to come up. To be honest I'd rather get it for my laptop but Milestone stinks at optimizing their games and they usually won't read my laptops on board graphics and no matter what I do they always go to the internal HD4000 graphics settings.

Back
Top Bottom