Regional road 57 Durham | GTAMotorcycle.com

Regional road 57 Durham

hedo2002

Site Supporter
I was on the stretch from Nestleton Road to Hwy 35 in my cage yesterday. The section Between Nestleton Road and the Grain elevators heading EAST is Particularly bad with frost heaves. I know a lot of Sport bikes use this section to get to Hwy 35 but in one section unless your going about 50 Km/h you would risk being thrown out of the saddle. Take care.

Thanks for the heads-up hedo! Was planning my first ride for tomorrow and this is going to be on route.

Have not rode yet this year, but posts like this are an awesome idea. Thanks for the heads up.

Does someone ha email a google link to this road? Sounds very familiar

It runs basically from Bowmanville/401 north to Blackstock, (This section is okay) It then runs along Hwy 7A east. You can either turn north towards Cesarea, Or continue along to Nestleton Station. Once in Nestleton Station you turn north and Nestleton Road dead ends at RR 57. This is the section I ran yesterday and is bad. The Grain Elevators are where the firefighter crashed his bike two years ago and was killed. Many bikes like the road as it has some decent curves. Road has claimed a few lives over the past few years as the curves aren't well signed.

My ex used to be a Firefighter, for Scugog and they respond to about 3 fatals per year on this road. I am surprised no one has sued the butt off the township.

Does someone ha email a google link to this road? Sounds very familiar

Your welcome 57 is fine from Bowmanville to 7A, then if your going to 35 just stay on 7A and you will be okay.

Thanks for the heads-up hedo! Was planning my first ride for tomorrow and this is going to be on route.

UPDATE: I ran this same section yetserday in my cage. It is about 90% better, still ralatively minor forst heaves, but mostly gone and sign is still in place so if you keept it to a "reasonable speed", (limit there is 80 so under 100), you should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom