Baby Dirt Biker Turning Street Biker! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Baby Dirt Biker Turning Street Biker!

Hey guys :)

I made an account here sometime ago but haven't posted anything. I have been riding dirt bikes and adventure bikes for as long as I can remember now, and now I am almost at the legal age to begin riding in the streets! I've been trying to decide what bike, what gear, what helmet, gloves, pants, blah blah blah, The usual stuff you get when you start riding. I've on;y worn mx boots and, a jersey and neck brace with helmet and gloves because I rid in mud most of the time.

I was hoping to get some suggestions for a first bike( Seat height isn't really an issue as I have dealt with dirt bikes as a vertically challenged person for a long time)

I've ridden yammys my whole life and wanted some input on some of the dual sport versions of the other dirt bikes like kawi and honda.

give some suggestions on gear and bike! :)

A lil about me: 15 years old born '99
5'3
30 inch dwarf inseam
size 9 foot
size medium shirt

If you've ridden that long, bike control might not be a big deal, but riding on the street is different. You don't get trees making left turns in front of you. Basically get one you can afford to buy and insure. As long as it's mechanically sound, don't worry about colour, scratches, etc. It's your first street bike...not your last. Get out there first and then start to narrow down on what you like.

Absolutely do not buy a bike until you have gotten solid insurance quotes. A lot of people buy a bike and then find out it's $5000-8000 a year for insurance. Your best bet is either a kawasaki klx250 or a honda cbr125.

"You lost 15 friends on motorcycles? and you have only been riding since 2008? was this a group ride that fell off a cliff or are you being serious?"-ZX600

Welcome!
Wheelie.gif

Welcome!
And 30" inseam is dwarf? Oh boy, what doe that make my 26" inseam??? :/

Absolutely do not buy a bike until you have gotten solid insurance quotes. A lot of people buy a bike and then find out it's $5000-8000 a year for insurance. Your best bet is either a kawasaki klx250 or a honda cbr125.

"You lost 15 friends on motorcycles? and you have only been riding since 2008? was this a group ride that fell off a cliff or are you being serious?"-ZX600

Hey thanks for your input, I will for sure be getting insurance quotes before making any decision on anything. I'll be riding 125-250 dual sports becasue of my experience on dirtbikes and their affordability. :)

Thanks for the welcomes and inputs guys :)

I won't be going near sport bike territory until I'm out of college/Uni (So still a decade and a half lel)

Dualsports/Supermotos are what I'm going to stick with becasue I am used to the upright position of dirtbikes, and also the affordability to insure 250 dualsports/sm.

Thanks again guys :)

26 inseam!? Maybe I'm not so short haha! What's your height? If you don't mind me askin.

3 1/2 taller than you ?
You should be good on a lot of bikes. Many I'm on the balls of my feet, including 250s and 300s.

Back
Top Bottom