The Car Thread | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Car Thread

You clearly havent seen the Huracan Motortrend review.. Randy Pobst said "this is better than any Ferrari I ever drove".

Ever since Audi took over, Lambo is on the rise.

I'd have to look it up again but the 610-4 Huracan they tested at Big Willow (on cheater tires, because the stockers were torn up) was just a few tenths faster than the 650S and a NISMO GTR. I think Ford is gonna throw a curveball and best all these cars in laptimes.

0-60? Does anyone give a crap any more? Obviously whatever car shows up with AWD will win that competition.

BTW other reviewers (Harris, Meaden, etc) found the Huracan not nearly as impressive- they all said it understeers heavily and just doesnt have the spirit that wild Lamborghinis are supposed to have.

But whatever, at that level of price and performance, everything is nitpicking.

BTW other reviewers (Harris, Meaden, etc) found the Huracan not nearly as impressive- they all said it understeers heavily and just doesnt have the spirit that wild Lamborghinis are supposed to have.

But whatever, at that level of price and performance, everything is nitpicking.

Oh I agree. At that level you're talking no noticeable difference to you or I. Unless we go race every weekend on a big track maybe and that's not going to happen. I've seen a few and even top gear said the huracan doesn't feel like a lamborghini, it was too refined etc but it's still insanely fast. I just mean in terms of all out power, acceleration etc they're all so similar and so on the edge I can't see the ford leaving them all behind. Like I said it's an amazing car no doubt but at it's price I could likely have 2 or more other cars that would still leave me with a grin every time I drove them.

Btw Pobst drove the Z06 on big willow at 1:25 flat. Thats faster than the 650S, Huracan and NISMO GTR.

The Vette is absolutely dominant bang for buck. Staggeringly fast car.

Yeah for the price the vette is a great option. It's not fugly like the gtr and I dare to say it should even spank the new nsx if we ever see one on the road here. ;)

Here's the top 12. Not much time separating them at all and the huracan is right up the vettes tail, granted at 3 times the price.

24qttme.jpg

And thats all it can do, typical american fashion, just like the Hellcat.

Still a piece of unreliable crap in the grand scheme of things......

Yeah bro its a Corvette, get with the times.

"All it does is go fast!" sounds pretty f'in good to me! For $85k I can go whoop on Lambos and McLarens?? Dayumnn

Dude reads about a couple test cars that get the **** kicked out of them having some issues and suddenly the vette is crap. :rolleyes:

I can't wait to hear about the first blown up nsx or watching it get dominated by every car mentioned thus far :lmao:

GT3 is apparently crap too. They recalled all the engines lol

I'll take a free one if someone doesn't want theirs

knowing the type of guy who drives a high end Lambo (*cough* sonny) and wanting to NOT be that :lol:

I'm not that guy trust me....no duche chains or clothes, no surgeryed up plastic woman, don't use the word bro, not "persian", don't go to yorkville, don't go on Saturn drives.

What, you're too good for yorkville bro????

Well then you should trade the murci for a new GT. The gentleman's supercar.

Well then you should trade the murci for a new GT. The gentleman's supercar.

The gentleman makes the car the car does not make the gentleman. Passed on a Ford gt before and I pass on this one. I like the story of lamborghini and how it started and the history from the miura on, I also really like the cars up to the LP640. I'm on the fence with Aventador

Why on the fence? Its not Lambo enough?

Fwiw I REALLY like the Ford GT story and all their racing efforts. How much could you have gotten the GT for? At $150 msrp they were a damn steal.

Why on the fence? Its not Lambo enough?

Fwiw I REALLY like the Ford GT story and all their racing efforts. How much could you have gotten the GT for? At $150 msrp they were a damn steal.

Aventador is very cushy and nice but disconnected a bit. I'm sure a roadster with exhaust would be nice, but the engine start stop and the way it feels is more like a big R8 ( which I had and loved but don't want that feeling in A lambo)
The GT I could have had MSRP at new in 2005 ( I waited because I was convinced they would be 80 grand in a few yars)and then 4 years ago a brand new one for 189. I didn't see the prices going so high but I just do not like the car. Love the original GT40 though

Last edited:
Their current price is a reflection of limited production but they sure as hell wouldn't have been worth $300k back in '05. Pretty basic engine and construction for that kinda money. I still love em.

Their current price is a reflection of limited production but they sure as hell wouldn't have been worth $300k back in '05. Pretty basic engine and construction for that kinda money. I still love em.

Lots of people do....I just think they are cheap and tacky looking especially inside.
by the way they made less murcielagos than Ford GT so it's not about limited production it's more nostalgia...they made 5000 GT

Lots of people do....I just think they are cheap and tacky looking especially inside.
by the way they made less murcielagos than Ford GT so it's not about limited production it's more nostalgia...they made 5000 GT
That's the viper for me. Worked on them since they came out and while they're fun and impressively quick the interior alone ruins it for me nevermind other issues.

Back
Top Bottom