The Car Thread | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Car Thread

I crave Singer's re-work of the 964's

Monterey_Singer_Porsche_911_1.jpg

50-singer-reimagined-porsche-911-1.jpg

670x377Image.jpg

Singer_Porsche_911_02pop.jpg

EDIT: I too think if the Ford GT is any thing over 150,000 (it will be) it is too much. Realistically, the car should be slightly more expensive than the GTR, but not to the point that it's out of it's class...

Uh..

A hand-laid carbon fiber tubbed mid-engined, limited production supercar with the powerplant out of an LMP2 car should cost as much as a... mass produced Nissan?? :confused:

It's not an engine they just plucked out of an Ecoboost Mustang ya know..

teqrDjx.jpg

As soon as I see the weight and lap times of the car I'll change my assertion.

Until then I'm just basing my argument on what they've given us which is "over 600 horses". Which is roughly 60hp more than the twin turbo V6 GTR. Anything else is just a song and dance for me, I mean I can hype up the fact that every GTR engine is 'hand made' but that's irrelevant to me, what's relevant are the numbers they put up and the lap times and if the GT's price represents these numbers then I'm more than happy to come back and say that the price is justified.

Until then I'm just basing my argument on what they've given us which is "over 600 horses". Which is roughly 60hp more than the twin turbo V6 GTR. Anything else is just a song and dance for me, I mean I can hype up the fact that every GTR engine is 'hand made' but that's irrelevant to me, what's relevant are the numbers they put up and the lap times and if the GT's price represents these numbers then I'm more than happy to come back and say that the price is justified.

ford GT will be 400K

Until then I'm just basing my argument on what they've given us which is "over 600 horses". Which is roughly 60hp more than the twin turbo V6 GTR. Anything else is just a song and dance for me

Well then the GTR is grossly overpriced considering the best car in the world (by your standards) may very well be a 700hp Chrysler product....

There's more to a car than horsepower. If Ford priced the GT in GTR category they wouldn't be able to keep up with demand. Talk about apples and oranges.

The GT is a niche market car, being built in small numbers by a small builder without an automated assembly line to speak of. Price reflects more than just horsepower- that number is probably the cheapest thing to arrive at in the entire R&D equation.

Well then the GTR is grossly overpriced considering the best car in the world (by your standards) may very well be a 700hp Chrysler product....

There's more to a car than horsepower. If Ford priced the GT in GTR category they wouldn't be able to keep up with demand. Talk about apples and oranges.

The GT is a niche market car, being built in small numbers by a small builder without an automated assembly line to speak of. Price reflects more than just horsepower- that number is probably the cheapest thing to arrive at in the entire R&D equation.
I mean, I didn't necessarily say it was only about horses.. I was just using that as a point of reference because that's the only thing we were given...

You're also given the part about it having an engine derived from an (successful) LMP2 car and having a hand-laid carbon tub. GTR? That's a regular unibody car built on an assembly line in a big car factory. There's no way in hell Ford could build and sell the GT (without taking severe losses) anywhere south of $200k, IMO. Sonny may be right that it will be double that.

I still think that's steep but whatever to each his own. You can even go onto Rob Faretti's instagram on his latest picture there are nothing but complaints about the price.

All I'm saying is at 400k for the gt it damn sure better rival the McClaren, 458 Italia, huracan etc. Those cars carry with them a panache that I just can't see the Ford having. It's a killer car don't get me wrong but given exotic options it wouldn't be near the top of my list.

Well yeah, people are complaining because they thought they'd be able to buy a carbon tubbed supercar with an LMP2 engine for the price of a happy meal. I love the previous generation GT as much as the next guy, but that car was underpriced; it had an extruded aluminum chassis and a supercharged truck motor bolted out back, no surprise there.

$400k for any car is steep. Lets assume the specs come out favourable in the weight and horsepower department... would you buy one over an Aventador? I think I would, if for no other reason than knowing the type of guy who drives a high end Lambo (*cough* sonny) and wanting to NOT be that :lol:

All I'm saying is at 400k for the gt it damn sure better rival the McClaren, 458 Italia, huracan etc. Those cars carry with them a panache that I just can't see the Ford having. It's a killer car don't get me wrong but given exotic options it wouldn't be near the top of my list.
I agree with everything in this post.

I'm gonna lay it out on the line and say the new GT will **** all over a Huracan and the 'low end' McLarens. It has to. Good benchmarks (imo) would be the 488 GTB and 650S.

I'm gonna lay it out on the line and say the new GT will **** all over a Huracan and the 'low end' McLarens. It has to. Good benchmarks (imo) would be the 488 GTB and 650S.
It's possible and you're right with car comparisons. However the huracan tested 0-60 in 2.5 seconds. I can't see anything walking away from that. Nothing road legal anyways.

You clearly havent seen the Huracan Motortrend review.. Randy Pobst said "this is better than any Ferrari I ever drove".

Ever since Audi took over, Lambo is on the rise.

Back
Top Bottom