The Car Thread | Page 19 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Car Thread

The 348 had some issues. The 355 was basically an update of the previous car. That said if maintained properly the 348 was a good car. I've known 3 people who still have them years later with no issues at all. :dontknow:

Definitely not the first video out there but Shmee is really good for indepth reviews and videos.

[video=youtube;E9R3_3czoDI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9R3_3czoDI[/video]

Any thoughts on the upcoming Ford Focus RS? Torque-vectoring AWD, somewhere around 320hp and priced around $40k. Went into a Ford dealership yesterday to get some info - they didn't have much to share. I'm interested though - should be a fun car when it arrives!

Any thoughts on the upcoming Ford Focus RS? Torque-vectoring AWD, somewhere around 320hp and priced around $40k. Went into a Ford dealership yesterday to get some info - they didn't have much to share. I'm interested though - should be a fun car when it arrives!

It's gonna be a badass car, but I don't think I'd be able to spend $40k on a Focus. It'll be an awesome used car a few years after release though. I bet the aftermarket is gonna be massive. The Ecoboost is good stuff.

Yeah 40k on it is the hard part. Same with a golf r for me. For that loot I'd rather buy a couple year old s4 personally. That said I think the new focus is killer looking

I think it's pretty impressive. I think I mentioned it before in this thread that I just didn't like the styling of it. It looks like a mini SUV. That's one of the reasons I pulled the trigger on an FRS instead of the st when I went car shopping a year ago. But that's just personal opinion.

IMO an r32 or a gti is how a hot hatch ought to look. Small, compact, boxy but with pretty decent lines. Wish the RS or the st had that styling.

Impressive numbers nonetheless.

I'm torn on the price - if the performance is what we expect, then it should outperform the S3 for $10k less. $40k on a Focus is high... i think a lot of people who aren't familiar with the technical aspects will think it's crazy.

My wife has a '15 A4, so I'm going to stay away from the S4 - plus I think the new redesign will make the old ones look dated and the new ones will be $60k.

Do you think it looks too boy-racer? That's what I'm most concerned about. Don't want to roll up to the office in something obnoxious

Focus RS.jpg

Personally I lol at office guys in STIs and the like. I am sure your colleagues in their 320s will do the same.

Last edited:
Really? I'd rather be in an STI than a 320, but I know what you mean. I was hoping that the Ford badge would make it less noticeable, but the exhaust and rear wing are tough to cover up...

Really? I'd rather be in an STI than a 320, but I know what you mean. I was hoping that the Ford badge would make it less noticeable, but the exhaust and rear wing are tough to cover up...

Most people are completely oblivious to car specifics. I wouldn't worry about any of it.

$40g's for a Focus? At the end of the day, no matter how you slice it and dice it, its still an econobox.....

"Call if interested"

The building of a quad-rotor Formula Drift MX5.... this thing is completely retarded. Jesus.

[video=youtube;XvCKupiMTh8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvCKupiMTh8[/video]

Back
Top Bottom