The Car Thread | Page 24 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Car Thread

Such blasphemy requires you hand over the 356. They're by far the nicest looking 911 ever produced and the last of their kind. Their value is doing nothing but rise. I love how they drive.

You really are obsessed with my 356. Nicest 911 produced is the newest 991. Finally has some curves and sex appeal compared to 996 ,997

Oh, you like 911's?

I want this so bad I can taste it.

964 turbo
7344669962_82fbda1fdd_z.jpg

Yes please.

The 996 is fugly. I don't mind the 997 or 991 but the 993 is still the king. It's also smaller and lighter than anything newer than it.

And your 356 is a part of history and not very common to see or own in that kind of condition. I helped restore one once and have gained a huge appreciation for them ever since.

Has anybody seen the bathtub trolling Belfountain, ancient dude helming the tie rods? Haven't seen him this year. That's a nice car and proves you don't need 700hp. Noise will do in a pinch.

The 996 is fugly. I don't mind the 997 or 991 but the 993 is still the king. It's also smaller and lighter than anything newer than it.

And your 356 is a part of history and not very common to see or own in that kind of condition. I helped restore one once and have gained a huge appreciation for them ever since.

Well I am a sexy man agreed

Yeah Im gonna join the list of people (2) who agree that not liking the 993 is kinda weird. Just look at it! I'll take this over a 996, 997, or 991 aaaaany day of the week, including Tuesday. I'd have to think long and hard between 964 and 993, also.

537739d1305839348-why-do-993-s-cost-so-much-porsche-993-ttt.jpg

I mean, yeah, just about every NEW sports car is better than its predecessor, that's a given.. but who cares.

Yeah Im gonna join the list of people (2) who agree that not liking the 993 is kinda weird. Just look at it! I'll take this over a 996, 997, or 991 aaaaany day of the week, including Tuesday. I'd have to think long and hard between 964 and 993, also.

537739d1305839348-why-do-993-s-cost-so-much-porsche-993-ttt.jpg

I mean, yeah, just about every NEW sports car is better than its predecessor, that's a given.. but who cares.

They look fine but drive horribly and have the dash and windshield angle of the 911 back to 1978. If feels like a cheap bus inside.

I wouldn't care. Only automotive journalists and people rich enough to afford multiples of these cars would floss over details. Im sure a 993 Turbo would kick the **** out of my Z in just about every aspect, the rest of the reason to buy one would absolutely be the styling and the badge. I'd happily buy a 996 for much the same reasons. I haven't discounted that possibility yet, since they're not unobtanium like the earlier cars.

Inside may be bland but has pedigree. Ever seen the inside of a 917? Makes a bird cage look cozy.

Would anyone buy a Gen2 Viper GTS nowadays? I'm kinda tempted, like an idiot... there seem to be perfectly fine examples for sale in the low-mid 30s. I feel like there simply won't come a time that a Viper GTS is ever a 20-something thousand $$ car. I'm betting I could buy one just for ***** and giggles and drive it for free for a summer or two.

its a pretty thing

Would anyone buy a Gen2 Viper GTS nowadays? I'm kinda tempted, like an idiot... there seem to be perfectly fine examples for sale in the low-mid 30s. I feel like there simply won't come a time that a Viper GTS is ever a 20-something thousand $$ car. I'm betting I could buy one just for ***** and giggles and drive it for free for a summer or two.

its a pretty thing

Fun but junky . Better to rent for a day

I wouldn't care. Only automotive journalists and people rich enough to afford multiples of these cars would floss over details. Im sure a 993 Turbo would kick the **** out of my Z in just about every aspect, the rest of the reason to buy one would absolutely be the styling and the badge. I'd happily buy a 996 for much the same reasons. I haven't discounted that possibility yet, since they're not unobtanium like the earlier cars.

Get a 997 better all around than 996 from looks , interior, handling etc

Thing looks like a blast to drive
[video=youtube;qlvMRTQ6-X0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlvMRTQ6-X0[/video]

Got everything you could ever want from a car you wanna have fun in -- straight line speed and the ability to put the car sideways in a controllable manner.

Meh all porsches look the same.

Similar, yes, but not the same, imo. Pulled up beside a guy this evening in a red Porsche. He said it was an '88. It looked sweet. Also said it got 430 to the rear wheel. Then gave me a taste when the light turned green. Very nice.
Also complimented me on matching my shirt to my bike.

So do I.

Back
Top Bottom