How long from Barrie to Toronto on 400 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How long from Barrie to Toronto on 400

JayG

Hey guys,

I'm moving to Barrie soon and I'm just wondering what I should be looking at for travel time to work everyday.
I have to be at work by 7am, monday to friday and i would leave work sometime between 6pm and 8pm.

Starting from barrie, taking the 400 until the 401, then dvp to lakeshore.

Currently it takes me up to 2.5hours 1 way from milton because the 401 is...the 401, and the QEW is under construction for 7 years.

Thanks!

Hey guys,

I'm moving to Barrie soon and I'm just wondering what I should be looking at for travel time to work everyday.
I have to be at work by 7am, monday to friday and i would leave work sometime between 6pm and 8pm.

Currently it takes me up to 2.5hours 1 way from milton because the 401 is...the 401, and the QEW is under construction for 7 years.

Thanks!

If you leave by 5:30, you should be there by 7:00 most days, barring any major accidents or weather issues.
The drive home can be anywhere from 1h15-2hours.
Is the train an option? At least you can sleep for the 2 hours it takes to get downtown.

GO Train is a must. Why would you sit unproductive for 5 hours (minimum) every day? By train you can be on your laptop, read, sleep, whatever.

If you leave by 5:30, you should be there by 7:00 most days, barring any major accidents or weather issues.
The drive home can be anywhere from 1h15-2hours.
Is the train an option? At least you can sleep for the 2 hours it takes to get downtown.
Earliest train will get to Union at 7:03am.

Latest one leaves Union at 6:45pm

+1 for the train. Even occasional trips into Toronto during non-rush hours, get me into road warrior mode.

fridays in the summer are going to be your slowest drive/ride home.

as for winter, well barrie seems to get the worst of it.

Thanks guys,

Unfortunately I can't do the train...my hours are too unpredictable and I'm in the studio district (nowhere near union).

I didn't know about that googlemap function. That's great, thanks!

^^ 2Bdrm 1400sq Ft in Barrie with a garage / driveway / backyard is $270,000

Same thing in Toronto is $700,000

Also....less congestion, less traffic, closer to beaches / motorcycle rides / ski hills. Many reasons

Hey guys,

Thanks!

Given that you have to be at work by 7, I am guessing the latest you should enter the DVP/401 junction should be around 6:15am, which at that time should be okay (avg. about 20min to lakeshore) Keep in mind this is without any collisions on the DVP. There will be traffic, but it'll be moving. You'll experience a bit of touch-and-go till Lawrence/Eglinton, then it's all good.

On your ride/drive home, would the back roads be an option? It maybe slower but sure beats 400, especially sun goes down around 9pm :)

^^ 2Bdrm 1400sq Ft in Barrie with a garage / driveway / backyard is $270,000

Same thing in Toronto is $700,000

Sorry, you've been outbid to $1.6M. oh, you mean just the garage?

So, you get a better house, then spend four waking hours a day in a train.

Wholy hours, get another job.

I just realized that I am really lazy
Hey guys,

Thanks!

Buy a house in Hamilton. I have it on good authority prices start with a 1 if you want decent. It's been mentioned a couple years running.

Seriously if you could work from home even 1 day a week it's better than nothing, otherwise, I'd take a really good hard look at work closer to home. 20hrs/week just commuting?
heck, you're better working part time somewhere to make up the difference when you switch to a job that pays less.

Seriously if you could work from home even 1 day a week it's better than nothing, otherwise, I'd take a really good hard look at work closer to home. 20hrs/week just commuting?
heck, you're better working part time somewhere to make up the difference when you switch to a job that pays less.

I wish I could, but personally there's no way I would even want to live in Toronto. I can't stand city living and I also get claustrophobic after a few hours. Commuting is just a part of the job in my eyes :(

Back
Top Bottom