Older sport bikes. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Older sport bikes.

frekeyguy

Quick question , for older sport bikes is it 15 or 20 yes old that don't get surcharged ? And considered vintage ?

My 98 SRAD jumped to $1100 this year, so it can't be 15, at least my 74 RD held at $325

It depends on the company and the bike. I had one company tell me that they wouldn't cover my '84 Magna that they had previously covered. Said it was on their supersport list or something. Same with an '01 Concours.

I think that was a Jevco rule, and I'm not sure it applies anymore.

@Baggsy: A Concours? Hearing that makes me die a little inside

I thinkt hat was a Jevco rule, and I'm not sure it applies anymore.

It was a Jevco rule, doesn’t apply anymore, not that I’m aware.
There is no such coverage for vintage bikes, premium is the same as a newer bike, maybe slightly less, not much.

Safety, photos would be a requirement before binding coverage, only then we let you know if it can be covered

I think that was a Jevco rule, and I'm not sure it applies anymore.

@Baggsy: A Concours? Hearing that makes me die a little inside

It was jevco. My butt still hurts. A big part of the reason I went back to the F2 was because it was supposed to be $600 to insure it. The year I got it they got bought by intact and it went to $1200 before I insured it. :(

I pay under $380 a year for my 93 VFR750. How? I don't live in Toronto/gta . If I did my insurance would've been around $1500+ for the same coverage.

A new VFR800 would've been around $1500 for full coverage where I live (Kingston).

my wife and I have 3 cars 2 motorcycles and a snowmobiles insured with TD and she gets an University alumni discount. All I know is I like the price.:)
That explains

Just got a quote :(
92 F2

Thanks for giving Austen and Noble a chance to quote your motorcycle. Unfortunately, our motorcycle insurer (Intact) does not write any sport bikes so we won’t be able to provide insurance on this motorcycle. You can always try TD or Statefarm as they have a history of insuring sport bikes for a decent price.

This is ****ed. I am seriously considering tapping out. It's not that I can't afford it, I just don't want to pay in to this scam anymore. I paid my dues when I was under 25. I haven't a brake yet.

Milton, 27 years old.

Rider+
"Currently we are unable to insure that model of bike, as one of our insurance company has recently changed their underwriting rules. We are actively searching for a new insurance company that will be able to write insurance for our sports bike clients."

surnet
"Not competitive on Super Sports – try State Farm"

RBC $2400
Aviva $2300

SF is $1500 Not bad but come on...

That's insane. Yet my friend who's had a license for 2 weeks now bought a yzf600r and yes I know it's not a full ss but he's paying 760 a year as a brand new rider.

Back
Top Bottom