Older sport bikes. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Older sport bikes.

I honestly don't mind it at all. It's sufficiently powered for a street bike (while it lacks the hyperness of one like mine) and it's really comfy. My only negative would be I find it a little on the heavy side and that may be because it's also taller than what I'm used to riding. I couldn't believe how cheap his insurance is though. I figured he'd be paying at least double what he is

I pay under $380 a year for my 93 VFR750. How? I don't live in Toronto/gta . If I did my insurance would've been around $1500+ for the same coverage.

A new VFR800 would've been around $1500 for full coverage where I live (Kingston).

Who are you with? I'm paying $1500 on my 97 VFR with intact,I would be happy just to get it under $1000.

I honestly don't mind it at all. It's sufficiently powered for a street bike (while it lacks the hyperness of one like mine) and it's really comfy. My only negative would be I find it a little on the heavy side and that may be because it's also taller than what I'm used to riding. I couldn't believe how cheap his insurance is though. I figured he'd be paying at least double what he is

Steel frame and why it makes a good sport tourer, the weight helps it from getting pushed around by the wind.

Carlos have me the best quote at $1300+. I called TD again and they went up to $1700.

I really love the F2, but I feel like I am getting somewhat shafted. It's fast, but not as fast as modern SS, yet I pay the same. I am seeing more and more negatives in riding these days. Scariest part is that I have to go at "splat" speeds to enjoy the bike. I have done some crazy PA runs and I realize, chances are not on my side. If I would want to cruise... I would do it in a miata :)

A small blue plated off road bike is really tempting me. Off road would be a blast, and it would be a riot to zip around town. If I get the road itch I could get SM wheels and tow it to PA. hmmmm

I just moved to Wasaga Beach from Alberta and for my 98 YZF600R the best quote so far has been 1178 for the year. I am 37 been riding for 20 years now, no accidents or tickets and only want liability. Why is it so exspensive here? This is crazy.

It's not how powerful the bike is. There's a heavy weight on claims of a particular model...and sporty bikes have lots of claims against. For example, I had a CBX250 that got black listed by Jevco, but the Ninja 250 wasn't. The Ninja was faster and more powerful, but the CBX was used by the training courses and I'm guessing more new riders got them to start with....and therefore more claims against. The CBX was only here for 1 year too, so must have been many claims.

Carlos have me the best quote at $1300+. I called TD again and they went up to $1700.

I really love the F2, but I feel like I am getting somewhat shafted. It's fast, but not as fast as modern SS, yet I pay the same. I am seeing more and more negatives in riding these days. Scariest part is that I have to go at "splat" speeds to enjoy the bike. I have done some crazy PA runs and I realize, chances are not on my side. If I would want to cruise... I would do it in a miata :)

A small blue plated off road bike is really tempting me. Off road would be a blast, and it would be a riot to zip around town. If I get the road itch I could get SM wheels and tow it to PA. hmmmm

I am near Broadview and Gerrard , 1993 GSXR750 TD insurance was 800 a year. Been riding since 1986 though....

YZF 750R- $680/yr full cov'g
KTM 950 SUpermoto- $570/ yr full cov'g
....Mind you I have never claimed a thing, no tickets in more than 10 yrs, and have had a full M since(1989) before graduated licencing was even a glimmer in someone's eye.

So I got a quote from All State for $780/year for my bike, the best so far. The only thing is I have to switch everything to them which is OK because with my house and 2 cars it works out to $110 a month cheaper than the Personal!

ThePersonal just denied me coverage on an 80's CBR250R because they class it as a supersport.

I thought the no surcharge on old bikes thing disappeared a few years back.

Back
Top Bottom