[Tangerine] Free $50 Promotion - Easy $250 | GTAMotorcycle.com

[Tangerine] Free $50 Promotion - Easy $250

haisam10

Tangerine.ca, which was formerly ING, has been bought by ScotiaBank and it is currently on a frenzy to attract customers.

In short, if you are a new client and you open up an account with a referral and deposit at least $100, you get a $50 Bonus from Tangerine. (http://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend/index.html)

The best part is, if you refer someone using your Orange key, both you and they get $50 when they deposit at least $100. If you do this for 3 people, Tangerine will give you a bonus of $100 (i.e. $50 for referral 1 + $50 for referral 2 + $50 for referral 3 + $100 Bonus = $250). (http://www.tangerine.ca/en/landing-page/doublebonus/index.html)

Sign up is easy, just go to http://www.tangerine.ca/en/sign-me-up/index.html and choose the appropriate account and enter the Orange key when signing up. Then write a cheque to yourself for $100 from one of your accounts and deposit it by taking a picture with their app. Alternatively, if you do not have cheques, you can go into one of their Tangerine Cafe's (they have one in Downtown Toronto and one in Toronto North (http://www.tangerine.ca/en/ways-to-bank/cafe/index.html)), present your Drivers License and deposit your $100 using Debit or Cash.

To get the $50 Bonus, you can use the following Orange Key (just to be clear, this is my key so I will get a bonus, but you will end up getting $50 rather than $25 if you open an account):

Orange Key: 43445201S1

Please let me know if you have any questions and I will do my best to answer.

Happy bonusing!

Last edited:
sounds like a pyramid scheme!

It is a little bit!

But I can attest to the fact that I got my initial $50 bonus then another $50 bonus for signing up my wife (she got $50 too).

So they are paying out the bonuses as stated. Easy way to make some cash!

It is a little bit!

But I can attest to the fact that I got my initial $50 bonus then another $50 bonus for signing up my wife (she got $50 too).

So they are paying out the bonuses as stated. Easy way to make some cash!

I'll do it but I want $25 out of your bonus!

how long till you can get your money out and close the account?

For me, my bonuses were deposited after around 1 business day of the cheque clearing. The bonuses are deposited directly into your chequing account so nothing stopping you from withdrawing and closing the account right after. Below is some proof that they are standing by their offer.

Tangerine.pngTangerine Bonus.jpg

Last edited:
For those that might not know, Tangerine is the new name of what used to be ING Direct. Their Canadian division was bought out a few years back by Scotiabank. It's legit, and the reason they can do this is they save money by not having any branches or more than a handful of physical locations. Whatever gets you to open an account. TD offers IPADs, RBC offers free trading for a quarter, etc.

Since I hate the big commercial banks (greedy highway robbing bastards for the most part) I was upset when ING got bought out. They seemed to be a different breed. When ING got taken over I lost all interest in dealing with the repackaged version. Free money is always good though.

Haisam10 -- let me know when you max your referral bonus, and I'll post my orange key ?
"His wife would.love to tools user the tree. You know, user the tree. To tools." Inreb, via Professor

Feel free to share your experiences! Hopefully you have been able to take advantage of the offer.

did this with a friends referral have to deposit $100 to get it i think but had mine within a few days and so did my friend. Nothing to stop anyone from pulling out (oh my) after the 50 is in your account.

Yup, this is legit. I got mine quit a few years ago.

Opened another ING account using my phone on the 31st and in the process inadvertently transferred several thousands in from my linked other CDN Bank account in the setting up process. This happened by answering a few required questions about the source and intended use of the account.

Called them on the 1st and to my dismay they informed me that my new money that I had not realized had been transferred and does not qualify for their current promotional rate as they are not new funds as they were transferred at 1145 pm on the 31st. Not as customer friendly as the old ING.

Typical of many businesses, they will pay anything to get "new" customers and do little to keep their existing clients happy.

Last edited:
Starship, transfer a few g's into MY account, I'll open the new Tangerine and give you your $100 lol
Like many companies, more concerned with acquiring new customers than keeping existing ones happy. Doesn't make sense to me.

ditto did this with ING Direct years ago and changed my payroll deposit to them. Got the bonus and transferred all the money over to my td account.

Left TD years ago to bank with ING & PC. Haven't looked back. Easily have saved thousands in fees.

^^^ that would pay for my M2x course ?

Back
Top Bottom