Yoga | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yoga

shanekingsley

Curry - so nice it burns you twice
Site Supporter
My partner just got back from a teacher training course for Moksha Yoga. She has done yoga for years including time spent in India just doing yoga and meditation. Me on the other hand, tried hot yoga once a few years back and almost died in the heat, not to mention my bladder almost burst by how much water I drank in one hour. It wasn't meant to be for me.

Well she just got back from a 1 month teacher training course in Nicaragua with a need to practice her practice. I was her guinea pig and ended up doing about 10 sessions in the last 3 weeks. I think I'm starting to like it.
For the past few years I moved from lifting weights into body weight exercises and also a lot of running with a bit of cycling. I had a gym membership for the last 12 years and killed it a few months ago, because I have all I need at home now and basically stopped going.

I think yoga will be a great way to improve my flexibility. I do physical work all spring/summer/fall and want to keep my core strength, overall endurance and mobility until I'm old. They have a $40 unlimited pass for a month which I think I will get tomorrow and see where it takes me. I also tend to breathe a little shallow and this will definitely help me to improve in this area.
I also think it will be good for doing long days on the bike, especially related to posture and core strength. I also think it would be great for those doing a lot of time on the dirt or the track or even stunting. Might even help you posers too.

Anyone here practice yoga?

Last edited:
Great excercise for you but... fcuking boring and annoying to do...and many people who do it are smug tools....downside for chicks is a nice body but not a good size round azz...
also everytime someone farts I laugh and no one else does so....uptight crowd

Last edited:
Quite a long time ago I took an introductory yoga class thru the community college. I really thought it would be a good thing to do. But unfortunately I picked up a real funky vibe. It was all females except me and they seemed to give off the "you're only doing this because you heard the best place to meet women is to go where women go" thing. It was creepy. The subject of yoga came up at a recent Christmas gathering where my SIL talked up the Moksha yoga. So I google it up and stuff but something about it doesn't seem kosher, like crossfit or show tunes.

I did 2 classes of hot yoga. Great for flexibility and breathing but I wouldn't do it as my only exercise. At $115 a month it's not worth it for me

Hot yoga is recommended also for those with muscle injuries to improve recovery times. I'm more interested in the idea by the day. I will be giving it a shot when gf starts up.

I've been doing it on and off for a few years. Every now and again I'll sub some yoga in for a typical cardio day just to change things up. As stated, its good for flexibility but thats about all. You can do sooooo much more for your body in that 60-90 minutes.

My muscles get very angry when I skip yoga...getting old sucks. I don't consider it a workout at all, more of a rehab and tool to improve other training excercises

when i tried p90x like... 5 years ago, they had a yoga day... hardest thing ive ever done in my life. yoga doesnt fit in my schedule usually (classes are too early) so i havent started but i remember and respect what i went through all those frikkin poses

I used to do Yoga 3 x a week regularly. I stopped because the classes were getting to full, and it was annoying to fight for a spot. I tried hot Yoga, but it did not appeal to me. I was next to a big stinky man with BO which is just absolutely disgusting.

Now I just do power lifting, and a lot of stretching on my own.

I"d like to do yoga, its supposed to be very good for balance , but I really cant see me in a hot yoga class . My wife used to go but the classes got so big that floor space was at a premium.
They don't seem to offer any classes in my area that are not hot yoga.

been saying I should try it for a while, I have frequent muscle and joint pain from jiu jitsu, and supposedly yoga can help stretch it out. just cant bring myself to go there, also I wont be able to keep a straight face if someone lets one rip in the middle of class

My former psychiatrist (yes, shrink) recommended yoga and I thought about doing it for a while but meh, can't get myself to do it. Maybe if I was dating a girl that was into yoga I'd try going with her but alas that is not the case. I have the flexibility of a 90 year old.

EDIT:

If you do yoga do you also have to eat paleo and glutten free?

Yoga is very mainstream now being offered everywhere including commercial gyms. I'm sure a lot of people doing Yoga in commercial gyms are not on any trendy diet.

My former psychiatrist (yes, shrink) recommended yoga and I thought about doing it for a while but meh, can't get myself to do it. Maybe if I was dating a girl that was into yoga I'd try going with her but alas that is not the case. I have the flexibility of a 90 year old.

EDIT:

No, thats crossfit.

With yoga you have to be vegan.

EDIT:

aren't these requirements for joining a cross-fit gym?

Back
Top Bottom