Need a new gas BBQ. Weber or Broil King? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need a new gas BBQ. Weber or Broil King?

jc100

Need a new propane BBQ and I'm tired of buying the cheaper ones and watching them rust before my eyes. Lowe's has 15% off everything over $300 this weekend so I'm looking at their Weber Genesis S300 or the Broil King 490 Regal Pro. Both have stainless steel grates and similar (practically identical) warranties. Broil King has more BTUs and one more burner plus a rotisserie kit which I will use. Broil King is $200 cheaper.

Any advice? These things are damn pricey.

Vermont Castings.

Get the weber and don't look back. I was going to buy a weber last time but got a smoking deal on a Napoleon and have regretted it ever since.

sent from a device using a program

Based on personal experience, and consistent excellent CR ratings, Weber makes a good product.

I would not hesitate to buy another...

Appreciate the advice on the other brands but those are above my budget I think. The sale at Lowe's gives me an opportunity to get a few hundred or so bucks off and they sell Weber and Broil King as their premium brands.

Weber all the way. With that said, consider a charcoal one with propane igniter... I bought a Weber Performer 3 years ago and haven't looked back. Grilling on charcoal is the way to go, and with propane ignition it's super easy.

Weber all the way. With that said, consider a charcoal one with propane igniter... I bought a Weber Performer 3 years ago and haven't looked back. Grilling on charcoal is the way to go, and with propane ignition it's super easy.

Propane for now.....when I have the cash I'm going to get a kamodo acorn or something similar for charcoal.

Weber. Although I have no familiarity with Vermont Castings I have heard they make a good product. My Weber Genesis turns 22 this year, only things I have done is replace the cedar wood side-tables (plastic nowadays) and flavourizer bars (made my own out of sheet stainless steel).

Last I heard Weber and Broil King are sister companies. Obviously, Weber is the premium product. Owners like both, but Weber is higher quality and will last longer. I've had three webers. The old platinum propane one is now 25 years old and a friend has it. Nothing replaced, original flavourizer bars and burners still good and strong. Had a genesis, worked well, a bunch of friends own it too. Now have a gas summit with all the toys. Great as always and worth it imo. I use the rotisserie often and the IR rotisserie burner is the shiz (the BK isn't an IR rotisserie burner). Another friend is making the move to the summit from the genesis. Bare in mind these grills last so long they tend to be handed down in the family. If you end up upgrading Weber grills, you will have to give away or sell a perfectly working grill.

I grill around 4-5 days a week. A quality grill will improve your food cooking by an order of magnitude. What a huge difference it makes.

GL.

Last edited:
Last I heard Weber and Broil King are sister companies. Obviously, Weber is the premium product. Owners like both, but Weber is higher quality and will last longer. I've had three webers. The old platinum propane one is now 25 years old and a friend has it. Nothing replaced, original flavourizer bars and burners still good and strong. Had a genesis, worked well, a bunch of friends own it too. Now have a gas summit with all the toys. Great as always and worth it imo. I use the rotisserie often and the IR rotisserie burner is the shiz (the BK isn't an IR rotisserie burner). Another friend is making the move to the summit from the genesis. Bare in mind these grills last so long they tend to be handed down in the family. If you end up upgrading Weber grills, you will have to give away or sell a perfectly working grill.

I grill around 4-5 days a week. A quality grill will improve your food cooking by an order of magnitude. What a huge difference it makes.

GL.

Cheers. Seems the Broil King is definitely made in North America, not sure about the Weber, read conflicting things. To get a rotisserie burner on the weber I'd have to go up to a summit and I just can't afford that. Reading that the Broil King is a hotter grill compared to the Weber although the weber model I'm looking at has a sear burner on it. Both have full high quality stainless cooking grates with 5y warranties, both burners are 10 years, Broil King is lifetime fire box, think Weber is the same. Given the warranties are identical and that I'm having a hard time swallowing the price (these things are the same price as a kitchen stove) I may go for the Broil King (more features less money) however the customer service stories from Weber owners is tempting me.

Forgot to say I do a ton of cooking outside, not just grilling. So the most versatile gas BBQ is what I'm looking for. Pizzas, any smelly frying (open plan house so smelly stuff I do outside), roasting, indirect cooking etc.

Weber and Broil King are sister companies now iirc. Also anything sub $500 is mostly standard grade and only the name is different from cheaper models from when I was looking last year for my sil. To get the quality that guys have posted, you are looking at $1000+ imo. I won a NexGrill that was purchased at Costco 8 years ago and it's still going strong. Has all the features of a more expensive bbq, including rotisserie, and side burner. Just another option.
"His wife would.love to tools user the tree. You know, user the tree. To tools." Inreb, via Professor

If you cook a lot outside I'd spend for the Weber. I had a Ducane (before they went offshore and are now crap) , replaced with a Weber. I've been very happy.
We also have a Crown Verity, its truly outstanding and genuine commercial grade. It does large parties with crazy BTU's, its not required but nice.

I use the rotis so seldom I would probably never buy another one, and all the gidgets just break. Huge BTU's does it for me.

A bit late to the party, but my vote is for the Weber as well, glad you got it...I have had mine for 15 years, replaced and ignitier....

too bad you didn't hit the home shows, some really good deals there, I almost purchased another one, but I didn't know what to do with the one I have....

Over the years it will pay for itself, a little pain now, but it works out well in the end....

So when is the first BBQ......

AFAIK the Weber Genesis line is USA made. The Esprit line is offshore. For the extra 10 to 20% go for the Genesis. Our Weber is Genesis is going on seen years old and it has never given us a single issue, even the electric starter still works.

Back
Top Bottom