gears to buy, where? | GTAMotorcycle.com

gears to buy, where?

timtek

I apologize if there is already a sticky, I didn't see it, and so posing it here. Other posts seem to be more of "I'm selling" kinds....

I had M2 for a while and in next year it'll expire so I'm planning on getting a motorcycle soon.
For gears, where are your favorite places? A friend told me to check Cycle Studio ? while others suggesf me to only check there for my size, find the models online and then buy off there.... but either I cant find a nice design or they dont have my size (for that model)....or something like that.

I live near Yonge and Steeles, so as long as I can access the place by TTC I dont mind anywhere.

Thanks in advance!

Don't do as others have suggested to you and go into a local shop to try on their gear to find your size and then go buy it online. Whoever suggested to you to do that likely has some pretty low morals and would sell you out given the chance:)

If you are mobile and can get over to GP bikes, they should have a bunch of stuff for you to buy. There is also a dealer listings thread on this forum here: http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?176219-GTA-Motorcycle-Store-Shop-Directory where you should be able to find a local store to support.

If money is the issue and the prices you want to pay are cheaper online, then so be it, but don't first go into a local store, who has to pay the overhead to house the items and then not shop there. For shopping online, know or take your measurements, find some sizing charts that correspond to the manufacturers and then you know what should fit you. Many online retailers also have good exchange policies if something does not fit.

I wouldn't go as far as Shane. A store is a place of business so give them a chance to have yours and see if they can come close in price or maybe sway you with excellent service. If not, feel free to buy online. That's what I do. I'll support local businesses but I won't let them rip me off either. I will not buy something just because I've tried it on.

It would be easier to shop in GTA if there were a couple of large stores located centrally. Not always do I have time to make 2-3h trips in search of a pair of gloves.

My favorite place is definitely kijiji though. If you live on the east side, a bit messy to go through the listings, since kapscomoto and regear are listing almost everything they have every single day. :(

... and OP, do everyone a favour - it's GEAR not gears. Plural is gear, singular is gear.

I've always find good prices at Royal D.

If you shop around, do it off season, you'd find some good deals on nice gear

You can always start buy buying some cheap used and new gear on kijiji. I got my jacket, gloves, boots that way when I started and slowly replaced them as time went on. And many people like me bought stuff in autumn sales and in the spring have a change of mind and sell them.. Like me.. Lol. Reminds me I've got a bunch of new stuff to sell

Last edited:
I wouldn't go as far as Shane. A store is a place of business so give them a chance to have yours and see if they can come close in price or maybe sway you with excellent service. If not, feel free to buy online. That's what I do. I'll support local businesses but I won't let them rip me off either. I will not buy something just because I've tried it on.

Agreed - I wouldn't buy something just because I tried it on either. I do however think it's not very nice to intentionally go into a store to find your size, for the sole purpose of buying it online.

If you can get there, Gp bikes and Royal Distributing are very close together. Both stores have a large selection, so you can check out a lot of gear at those two stores.

"You lost 15 friends on motorcycles? and you have only been riding since 2008? was this a group ride that fell off a cliff or are you being serious?"-ZX600

Not exactly local unless you can get a friend to take you.
Worth the visit. Just had a batch of new helmets.
Lots of gear.

http://www.re-gear.ca/oshawa/index.html

I meant to go there for a while now but getting to Oshawa from Mississauga is painful. I think they have another location in Kingston which doesn't help much. I hope they will eventually open something on the west side and not in the Tri-Cities either.

Over 1,300,000 people in Peel and not one single large gear oriented store.

Last edited:
Royal Distributing has a Tent sale at the end of April into May, i think a week long, everything in the whole store is NO TAX, old product and new product that just came in.

What I did was first check SportBikeTrackGear and Revzilla for detail overview, tons of reviews and Q&A. After that I ordered online from Canada'sMotorcycle.com. Forgot why I chose CMC over other stores. Was at GP over the summer to buy some Dainese pants (NewDrake Textile) but it made a swishing sound with everystep. So check online for reviews and if you can get to a store to see and try it on. The online stores Canada's Motorcycle and GPbikes have pretty good return/exchange policy. And Kijiji is an option but you have to be patient for what you really want and need. Dont forget to get gear for your passenger (helmet, jacket, gloves at the very least). later

I checked out RevZilla and decided on which jacket I wanted. Royal and GP are both 1hr away and last time I was at Royal service was none existent. I would have had more luck if I set a flare off in the store. I decided on Canada's Motorcycle online. Best price I have found and only 2-4 business days shipping no charge.

Id do as much research and reviews online. know the pricing and go into the store and try it on. If their prices are competitive then all for buying local. If not then buy online.

Wow thanks a lot for the input everyone!
The ones that are within driving range are Cycle Studio, Cycle world and Snow City.
I'll first have to figure out my size though. I bought a few clothes online but they were all failures and didn't fit me at all.

+1 for GP and Canada's Motorcycle.

After you get your gear make sure to ride and get your practice in. There are no shortages of stories from examiners/instructors about people sitting on their M2, and rent a bike the day of to try to pass their test before their license expires!!

Don't do as others have suggested to you and go into a local shop to try on their gear to find your size and then go buy it online. Whoever suggested to you to do that likely has some pretty low morals and would sell you out given the chance:)

[...]
If money is the issue and the prices you want to pay are cheaper online, then so be it, but don't first go into a local store, who has to pay the overhead to house the items and then not shop there. For shopping online, know or take your measurements, find some sizing charts that correspond to the manufacturers and then you know what should fit you. Many online retailers also have good exchange policies if something does not fit.

I meant to go there for a while now but getting to Oshawa from Mississauga is painful. I think they have another location in Kingston which doesn't help much. I hope they will eventually open something on the west side and not in the Tri-Cities either.

Over 1,300,000 people in Peel and not one single large gear oriented store.

Shane nailed it. This is a large part of why there are so very few "large" gear retailers. We have to choose what to carry (colours, size, style..), and then bet on whether or not we can sell it.

I checked out RevZilla and decided on which jacket I wanted. Royal and GP are both 1hr away and last time I was at Royal service was none existent. I would have had more luck if I set a flare off in the store. I decided on Canada's Motorcycle online. Best price I have found and only 2-4 business days shipping no charge.

Id do as much research and reviews online. know the pricing and go into the store and try it on. If their prices are competitive then all for buying local. If not then buy online.

There are many times that a retail store can compete with online prices, provided that when you are comparing prices you have factored in taxes, shipping, duties, exchange rates etc (if applicable). Return policies and turn around times are other advantages a brick and mortar location have the advantage.

Wow thanks a lot for the input everyone!
The ones that are within driving range are Cycle Studio, Cycle world and Snow City.
I'll first have to figure out my size though. I bought a few clothes online but they were all failures and didn't fit me at all.

We have many sizes and styles available. If you know roughly what you are looking for, pm or email me and I will have a look to see what we have in stock that might work for you.

Back
Top Bottom