US Gas stations - pay at the pump | GTAMotorcycle.com

US Gas stations - pay at the pump

Wadadli

Thought I would share a little trick I used last year when travelling though the states.

Many gas stations in the US require you to enter your ZIP code in order to use a credit card at the pump. Without entering one you are forced to go in and either pre-pay with cash or leave your credit card. This is a pain when you want to top up the tank and don't want to run back and forth or leave your credit card.

What seemed to work for me was to make up a ZIP code from the three numbers in our postal code followed by two zeros.

ie M1S 4B5 = 14500

Last edited:
Thought I would share a little trick I used last year when travelling though the states.

Many gas stations in the US require you to enter your ZIP code in order to use a credit card at the pump. Without entering one you are forced to go in and either pre-pay with cash or leave your credit card. This is a pain when you want to top up the tank and don't want to run back and forth or leave your credit card.

What seemed to work for me was to make up a ZIP code from the three numbers in our postal code followed by tow zeros.

ie M1S 4B5 = 14500

holy **** you are still alive? Where the **** have you been honky?

Last edited by a moderator:
holy **** you are still alive? Where the **** have you been honky?

Hey I'm still in the game... just waiting for the warmer weather.. Look forward to getting out for some rides this summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
What seemed to work for me was to make up a ZIP code from the three numbers in our postal code followed by tow zeros.

ie M1S 4B5 = 14500

This past March I noticed that the service centres along I90 in NY State actually have this tip posted on a sign at the pumps. I guess they got tired of telling Canadians how to use the pumps without a US Zip Code.

This tip doesn't always work for me. In fact, it's usually a 50-50 shot. Try it, but have a back up.

This past March I noticed that the service centres along I90 in NY State actually have this tip posted on a sign at the pumps. I guess they got tired of telling Canadians how to use the pumps without a US Zip Code.

Yes I've seen a few of those too

Before I go into the States. Cage it to Florida. I call the CC and tell them where I am going and also my Bank. Never had a problem. Pump gas and go. Spend via CC.

I've been using this method for the past few years and don't recall a time it didn't work. I always keep a few $ just in case.

Hate those pumps.
Tried so many numbers just out of blue but nothing worked.
I ended up going in twice.

I've been using this method for the past few years and don't recall a time it didn't work. I always keep a few $ just in case.

I'd say it's about 80% for me. If it doesn't work, you can always pay with credit inside.

just put in 90210....lol I do that online.

That's the code I use when getting US shipping quotes at the post office. So far no one has caught it.

Never had a problem using the OP method. If it would not work you can always go in and pay at the counter, they have never asked for my zip inside.

Back
Top Bottom