New market for stand alone Motorcycles | GTAMotorcycle.com

New market for stand alone Motorcycles

Carlos Vincent

Hi everyone,

I am pleased to announce we have a new carrier that has updated its Motorcycle Program and now is offering stand alone motorcycle insurance.
New rating factors have been introduced, which include,experience, rider age, motorcycle age, body style, engine size, usage of the motorcycle.
A phase 2 is on the works which will allow riders to extend replacement cost to personal protective equipment and personal effects as well accessories.
For the touring riders who enjoy touring an endorsement covering extra vacation expense will also be available in the future.

Here are a couple of quotes as an example:

30 year old rider, 6 years motorcycle license, M6P-3X9
Full coverage with $2M liab. $500 comp/coll.
2014 Yamaha Vstar 1300 - $1323

40 year old rider, 10 years motorcycle license, M6P-3X9
2014 Yamaha Vstar 1300 - $1149

They will even do SuperSports 1000cc and under, Motorcycle license over 6 years minimum

2014 Yamaha YZF R1 - $1356

2014 Yamaha YZF R1 - $1180

Anyone interested in a quote you a can contact me at:
1-800-263-2369 or 705-722-8377 ext: 167
cvincent@csib.org

Last edited:
Sound good Carlos, are you guys already set up to start giving out quotes today?

We are set to go effective immediately, Phase 2 still working on it, no dates as of yet

I was about to call until I noticed the "under 1000cc" bit, thought someone had solved my ZX-11 problem. Oh well, still good to have more choice

Awesome. After how many years does length of licence not make a difference?

I haven’t really played around with the quoting system and figure out what effects what,it will take a little time to know how every change effects premiums.

I only have limited time during the day to be on the forum and test the quoting system, still need to take care of my clients needs.

30+

Hi everyone,

I am pleased to announce we have a new carrier that has updated its Motorcycle Program and now is offering stand alone motorcycle insurance.
New rating factors have been introduced, which include,experience, rider age, motorcycle age, body style, engine size, usage of the motorcycle.
A phase 2 is on the works which will allow riders to extend replacement cost to personal protective equipment and personal effects as well accessories.
For the touring riders who enjoy touring an endorsement covering extra vacation expense will also be available in the future.

Here are a couple of quotes as an example:

2014 Yamaha Vstar 1300 - $1323

2014 Yamaha Vstar 1300 - $1149

They will even do SuperSports 1000cc and under, Motorcycle license over 6 years minimum

2014 Yamaha YZF R1 - $1356

2014 Yamaha YZF R1 - $1180

Are these rates GTA rates or Barrie rates?

Came to the office today to play around with the quoting system they provided us with.

Here is one quick update:
I did mentioned they will not insure SS over 1000cc, it also seems any Semi sport over 1000cc is not on their appetite either
ex Suzuki Bandit 1250 - After all, that bike is pretty fast if it can do a 1/4 mile in 10 seconds.

There was a comment above about age 30+, no limitation on age, unfortunately I don't have the time to post quotes for every age group.
Here is a price for a 25 year old

25 year old rider, 6 years motorcycle license, M6P-3X9
2014 Yamaha YZF R1 - $2466
Liability only - $1770

Last edited:
I'm glad I'm an old fart ... Lol

These quotes don't look too different from what Intact was already offering.
I guess one more option for SS owners.

Who's the carrier or is it a secret?

I can assure you they are lower than Intact.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom