New market for stand alone Motorcycles | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New market for stand alone Motorcycles

Came to the office today to play around with the quoting system they provided us with.

Here is one quick update:
I did mentioned they will not insure SS over 1000cc, it also seems any Semi sport over 1000cc is not on their appetite either
ex Suzuki Bandit 1250 - After all, that bike is pretty fast if it can do a 1/4 mile in 10 seconds.

There was a comment above about age 30+, no limitation on age, unfortunately I don't have the time to post quotes for every age group.
Here is a price for a 25 year old

25 year old rider, 6 years motorcycle license, M6P-3X9
Full coverage with $2M liab. $500 comp/coll.
2014 Yamaha YZF R1 - $2466
Liability only - $1770

hope as been restored... at least for me lol

These quotes don't look too different from what Intact was already offering.
I guess one more option for SS owners.

Who's the carrier or is it a secret?

+1 .....who is the carrier?

And why is the carrier a secret?

I am with Intact right now through Cornerstone, switching to Allstate. I don't mind shopping around some more but I need to know what company I'm dealing with.

Heres the brokers web site: http://www.csib.org/

....but was unable to identify which insurance companies they represent.

Just curious to why it makes a difference who the provider is? Let's assume it's someone new, that you've never heard of, but they quote a premium of 30% less than you pay now, would you not switch? Genuinely curious, not trying to take shots at anyone.
"His wife would.love to tools user the tree. You know, user the tree. To tools." Inreb, via Professor

Just curious to why it makes a difference who the provider is? Let's assume it's someone new, that you've never heard of, but they quote a premium of 30% less than you pay now, would you not switch? Genuinely curious, not trying to take shots at anyone.
"His wife would.love to tools user the tree. You know, user the tree. To tools." Inreb, via Professor
It would make me suspicious of how they can be 30% cheaper. There has to be a reason and it's not because they are being generous.

It would make me suspicious of how they can be 30% cheaper. There has to be a reason and it's not because they are being generous.

Ok, so knowing who they are helps how? Assuming again, it's some company that you are not familiar with? For me, if saving money was the first concern, then I wouldn't care who is insuring me. Like I said, curious. I like to see other people's views, in case I missed something.

Ok, so knowing who they are helps how? Assuming again, it's some company that you are not familiar with? For me, if saving money was the first concern, then I wouldn't care who is insuring me. Like I said, curious. I like to see other people's views, in case I missed something.

Your buying insurance for the purpose of protecting yourself against loss and claims (lawsuits)......not just getting a pink slip.
If all you want is a pink slip then goto to your pc and photo chop a slip and take your chances.

There have been instances of insurance companies not honouring the policies when large claims are submitted....or undervaluing the loss....forcing you in to litigation.
The ads from the larger insurance companies all push easy no hassle claims when an accident occurs......& this is what you are paying for. Of course you can't relie on advertising.....but reputation is another matter.

Last edited:
Your buying insurance for the purpose of protecting yourself against loss and claims (lawsuits)......not just getting a pink slip.
If all you want is a pink slip then goto to your pc and photo chop a slip and take your chances.

There have been instances of insurance companies not honouring the policies when large claims are submitted....or undervaluing the loss....forcing you in to litigation.
The ads from the larger insurance companies all push easy no hassle claims when an accident occurs......& this is what you are paying for.

All valid points. The one about companies not paying was in my head, although I am naive enough to believe that that wouldn't happen. This is why, for me, the savings would have to be substantial for me ti consider switching from who I'm with. Call the extra few $$ I'll consider it insurance on my insurance.
Thanks for the replies.

Didn't see all this negatively coming....
The company doing this is one of the largest Canadian owned insurance company in Canada, it has been around for over 150 years and is here to stay, you guys will all know it once I mentioned it before the end of the week.

It was asked not to mentioned the name for a week so brokers have the opportunity to learn this stand alone quoting software created by them for them alone.
I was playing around with it over the weekend to get used to it and should be able to provide a quote over the phone in less than 8 minutes.
Maybe I'm more eager to learn the software than everyone else, I still need to give the other brokers a chance to learn it.

Stay tuned I will tell you guys no later than Thursday this week coming up, will try to push it for Wednesday.

Thanks for the reply. People were just curious why you didn't name the company and now we know why. My comment wasn't intended to be negative. I'm just a little more guarded and want all the details.

The company doing this is one of the largest Canadian owned insurance company in Canada, it has been around for over 150 years and is here to stay, you guys will all know it once I mentioned it before the end of the week.

It was asked not to mentioned the name for a week so brokers have the opportunity to learn this stand alone quoting software created by them for them alone.
I was playing around with it over the weekend to get used to it and should be able to provide a quote over the phone in less than 8 minutes.
Maybe I'm more eager to learn the software than everyone else, I still need to give the other brokers a chance to learn it.

Stay tuned I will tell you guys no later than Thursday this week coming up, will try to push it for Wednesday.

Cant wait to see the market that wants monoline motorcycle insurance. Terrible business plan. My office will not write monoline auto with the markets , good markets ,do not want monoline auto...or any monoline business frankly

Cant wait to see the market that wants monoline motorcycle insurance. Terrible business plan. My office will not write monoline auto with the markets , good markets ,do not want monoline auto...or any monoline business frankly
It was cheaper for me to have my business split up oddly, but it's because i have an oil furnace.

It was cheaper for me to have my business split up oddly, but it's because i have an oil furnace.

From a broker and insurance company standpoint you want the whole account. You don't want to split up the business unless there isn't a choice. A customer who will only give you the bike or Car or house on its own isn't interested in service they only want to get a cheap deal and will move every year if needed. Which is bad for business and bad for the client when they have a claim. Churn rate of policyholders is bad for a broker and a company and therefore the client too.

Somebody's got to offer it. Companies can want whatever they like, but I have yet to see a multi-line package that actually works out in the consumer's interest. Since there are least some consumers out there that aren't stupid, there's a market for it. Seems like this operation is betting they'll do well enough with the additional rating factors.

Interrsted in a quote.. pm contact info please

All you had to say. How's this company working out when it comes to auto insurance? Intact for example had poor rates. Best quotes I've had were from Belair. Do they give any multiple vehicle discount with multiple motorcycles? How about motorcycle and a car? Thanks!

I had a discussion with my insurance guru a while back and he felt that the insurers moved rates around like sports teams traded players. They go after a line of business to increase sales and then discourage that business a year or two later if the sales don't bring profit. Sometimes they seem to cut off a line like a team cutting an A-1 player for a future plan. or they use a dartboard

From a broker and insurance company standpoint you want the whole account. You don't want to split up the business unless there isn't a choice. A customer who will only give you the bike or Car or house on its own isn't interested in service they only want to get a cheap deal and will move every year if needed. Which is bad for business and bad for the client when they have a claim. Churn rate of policyholders is bad for a broker and a company and therefore the client too.
I have dealt with the same broker for car and house insurance for over 15 years BUT he cannot find me a package deal, including motorcycle, that is reasonably priced. Maybe if insurance companies stopped looking so much at what type of bike you ride and actually look at the rider and driving record, they would offer more reasonable rates for experienced riders with clean driving records who choose sport bikes. I have ridden for 30+ years and yet because I choose to ride a sport bike, I am treated like a teenager. No tickets, no claims, married, kids… does not make any difference to them. I paid a lot when I first started riding and I am still paying, what I believe, is too much for a motorcycle. I am given "good driver" rates on my cars but apparently, when I get on my sport bike, I am a maniac looking to kill myself and others. Insurance, in Ontario, is a rip off! Companies have you over a barrel because the Government legislates mandatory coverages and companies just use that to gouge the consumers. Why offer low rates on recreational vehicles when they can just set rates that ensure a massive profit. There is very little competition so the companies who actually will insure a s/s, have free reign to charge whatever they want. I do not condone it but I can at least understand why people ride without insurance on motorcycles.

Back
Top Bottom