Cleaning Bugs off the front of your bike... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cleaning Bugs off the front of your bike...

Hydrogen Peroxide - 3% or 6% - pick up a bottle at the drug store - 400ml. is $3 or $4. Put some in a spray bottle and spray it on. Leave it for 5 or 10 minutes, you'll see the bug guts go foamy. Wipe off with a damp cloth. The hydrogen peroxide breaks down the proteins that makes the crap stick - works on animals "splatters", too. Won't hurt any painted or metal finishes. Won't protect against any additional splatters, though - a decent wax should help with that.

You could also try Eucalyptus Oil. To carry a small bottle on your bike would be a smart move. It will remove paint, tar, bugs and a host of other nasties.

KY Jelly.

.......Soak a towel in really hot water and let it soak into and soften the dead bugs.After 10min use your favourite cleaner or polish.

I have slightly less Tupperware but this is what I do as well. Hose off front of the bike, drape a wet towel over windshield, mirrors etc... and continue on washing rest of bike. Periodically rewet towel and by the time you're ready for front end 99% of the cr.. is loose.

Optimum no rinse wash.

BESSSST BROOOOO

This is what I use. I actually keep a small bottle of it (repurposed eyeglass cleaner bottle) mixed at high strength, and use it plus a plush/thick MF towle both to clean up the bike as well as for my visor. Also helps if you keep the bike waxed, and clean up any bugs as soon as you can (I typically take care of mine after each ride up north).

Back
Top Bottom