Self driving cars | GTAMotorcycle.com

Self driving cars

"Auto parts maker Delphi launched its cross-country trip Sunday, starting at the Golden Gate Bridge and heading to midtown Manhattan, in a car that automatically drives itself."

http://money.cnn.com/2015/03/23/autos/self-driving-car-trip/

I can see advantages. For one, msatrakkoic wouldn't be able to complain as much about not being able to text at red lights.

Hell yea, if I could actually sleep. Point it west, wank off, sleep and repeat for three days.

Arrggh, I need to get that picture out of my head. Out. Out Ouuuuut.

Hell yea, if I could actually sleep. Point it west, wank off, sleep and repeat for three days.

Awesome idea, tenting while you drive. On a serious personal note I'm seeing a sweet spot between my death bed and vibrant usefulness where this technology can make life tolerable. On the upside I won't care about anybody elses concerns but my own. So I say yes to self driving cars if the timing's right.

in 7 - 10 years these may be common place then another 20 years it will probably be against the law or prohibitively expensive to drive your own car

Yes, that is a scary path. But not having to put up with Toronto's crawling traffic would be great. It would probably be safer for bikes since cars don't check their phones, miss reds, or don't see you. As long as driving your car is not limited in any way I welcome the technology.

Yes, that is a scary path. But not having to put up with Toronto's crawling traffic would be great. It would probably be safer for bikes since cars don't check their phones, miss reds, or don't see you. As long as driving your car is not limited in any way I welcome the technology.

IF and i mean if im only talking in hypotheticals but I doubt bikes would be allowed when self driving becomes mandatory.

I think bad/distracted drivers should be mandated to buy one of these so they stop endangering everyone around them, while everyone else has a choice.

IF and i mean if im only talking in hypotheticals but I doubt bikes would be allowed when self driving becomes mandatory.
Yep. After driverless cars take over, bikers will end up like equestrians after the horseless carriage took over. We'll have to go to a purpose-build riding facility out in the countryside. Bikes will be ridden on the street only for parades.

And I'm OK with that.

Yep. After driverless cars take over, bikers will end up like equestrians after the horseless carriage took over. We'll have to go to a purpose-build riding facility out in the countryside. Bikes will be ridden on the street only for parades.

And I'm OK with that.

I kinda am too TBH. Unless they have self driving bikes that might be cool.

I think traffic jams will still happen, so many condos being built, so many more people moving to this city. You just wont have as many car accidents but when you do it will be epic, some hacker will cause all the cars to crash at the same time! I would never buy one...

I think traffic jams will still happen, so many condos being built, so many more people moving to this city. You just wont have as many car accidents but when you do it will be epic, some hacker will cause all the cars to crash at the same time! I would never buy one...

Imagine hacking in and having all the cars move out of your way? Would take you 10 minutes to get downtown. Imagine selling people hacks that gives them SLIGHT priority in traffic. I bet that could make you some good money. Or installing a hack into your car firmware that makes it slightly more aggressive in traffic, therefore getting you to your location faster. Imagine being a cop and investigating a crash involved two autonomously driven vehicles, one or both of which might have had their firmware tampered with by the user (or a third party?). Who's at fault? How about an accident between a self driving car and YOU in your regular car. It couldn't have been the machine's faults. They don't make mistakes. Lots of interesting legal and technology issues ahead. Should be interesting to watch. I think most people don't realize that the biggest hurdle to this becoming a reality is the legal issues and not just the tech.

Back
Top Bottom