Good camera deals....micro 4/3 especially. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Good camera deals....micro 4/3 especially.

jc100

have a look at the Olympus refurbished outlet to see what's on offer. Use code "Spring" to get 25% off right now (hence the deals!).

I've bought a camera and several lenses as refurbs from this place and they have all been as good as new.

http://www.getolympus.com/ca/en/outlet_store?icn=topnav&ici=savingsnav_outlet-text

link above...good for point and shoot cameras too.

thanks to RFD For this but I also keep an eye on this outlet as inventory changes quickly.

I remember buying a E330 body loooong time ago from them. Still works for me. But maybe it's time to upgrade .... I juts hate dealing with files twice the size .... 7MP top 16MP ... :-(

These are good deals and, I believe, still come with manufacturer's warranty.

Olympus has never been great with point & shoot compact models. They niche is a small DSLR style body in 4/3 and great lenses with it.

I would look elsewhere for P&S category, if I was buying one.

What's the consensus on the XZ-2?
For $200, worth it? Better than point and shoot, but don't wanna lug a DSLR everywhere.

I'm not at all into digital cameras beyond my iPhone, but fuji makes some nice mirrorless cameras. Bigger than P+S but smaller than dslr.

I'm not at all into digital cameras beyond my iPhone, but fuji makes some nice mirrorless cameras. Bigger than P+S but smaller than dslr.

The Fuji X20 seems comparable to the Olympus xz-2. From what I've been reading.

What's the consensus on the XZ-2?
For $200, worth it? Better than point and shoot, but don't wanna lug a DSLR everywhere.

Don't know about that particular camera but I got a mirrorless micro 4/3 Olympus EM5 and it's a revelation. Haven't taken my DSLR out once since. It's so much smaller and with a pancake lens on is pocketable (granted..in a large pocket). It's also very well made. Solid metal body etc. I don't mind switching lenses out either as it's more versatile that way.

Don't know about that particular camera but I got a mirrorless micro 4/3 Olympus EM5 and it's a revelation. Haven't taken my DSLR out once since. It's so much smaller and with a pancake lens on is pocketable (granted..in a large pocket). It's also very well made. Solid metal body etc. I don't mind switching lenses out either as it's more versatile that way.

Just saw they have the E-PL5 on for $399, might just do that at almost half price.

Just saw they have the E-PL5 on for $399, might just do that at almost half price.

Dont forget the25% off code too. That really makes it a good deal. I've never had a bad experience from the site but I read a few people thought they got duds. Just check the camera carefully when you get it, like I say though, the stuff I got looked new and theres been no issues.

The EPL5 looks good but remember you'll need to attach the electronic viewfinder if you want to use it like a DSLR to frame pictures. If you can pony up a few more dollars the EM10 is one of the better deals on the site. Includes viewfinder, wireless photo transfer (really useful when traveling, I use an EyeFi card instead), same kind of features as the$1000 em5 just without weather sealing.

I wish they had this type of promo for nikon gears. Im still waiting for a low price 35 1.4g and 85mm 1.4 ais :'(

I wish they had this type of promo for nikon gears. Im still waiting for a low price 35 1.4g and 85mm 1.4 ais :'(

If it helps any, I was a Canon fanboy before I jumped into the micro 4/3 thing. I quite like the Olympus system now though. My only regret is that I keep missing the lens deals on the refurb site.

If it helps any, I was a Canon fanboy before I jumped into the micro 4/3 thing. I quite like the Olympus system now though. My only regret is that I keep missing the lens deals on the refurb site.

I understand but how about low light/natural light capability of these things. Most of my shots are either nights or astro so a good sensor with great low light -> natural light capability is better. I like nikon because of the 'f-'mount' lens

I understand but how about low light/natural light capability of these things. Most of my shots are either nights or astro so a good sensor with great low light -> natural light capability is better. I like nikon because of the 'f-'mount' lens

In camera image stabilization is extremely good and high useable ISO values mean that low light isn't a big issue, or at least not now.

+1

I have a bunch of old AI lenses for my D600. Faves are the 20mm f4 and the 50mm f1.2.

4:3 is caca for low light.

Yeah, it sucks for anything over 1600 ISO .... LOL ... you didn't grow up on film, I can say?

I am going to state the obvious, the situations when you really need a clean high ISO is so few and between, that it's hardly a limiting factor. Certainly there's situations and photographers who could find a regular use for it, but 95% people will not go to anything over 800 ISO.

4/3 has so many pros that I will always manage to live with the few cons.

Yeah, it sucks for anything over 1600 ISO .... LOL ... you didn't grow up on film, I can say?

Dood. I still shoot film semi-regularly. I have an F100, two N75s, a Mamiya 645, about a dozen folding cameras (6x4.5s, 6x6s, 6x9s) and an assortment of rangefinders from the 60's and 70's. The wife is annoyed by all that film cluttering the freezer.

Modern full-frame DSLRs let you shoot both photo and video in settings that would be otherwise unworkable. That is all.

Back
Top Bottom