Chinese company buying Pirelli | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Chinese company buying Pirelli

And it sucks. I don't know why I keep buying stuff from these guys but most of it either doesn't work as advertised or fails within months. I just got a refund on 4 micro USB cables because they will only allow 100mA of current and therefore cannot charge much of anything.
hahaha. I had the same problem! Driving with my phone as my GPS plugged into my car charger it would DRAIN! WTF? Installed gSam Battery Monitor: Phone is drawing 462ma from battery during GPS use, charger is providing 100ma?! lol :( I e-mailed DX and they said it must be the charger, not the cable, so I ordered one of their dual 2.1 amp ones. Worked slightly better but none of my radio stations worked while my phone was charging and two weeks later I get into my car and smell nothing but electronic burning smell. Charger was melted right inside the 12v socket, couldn't be removed, had to replace the socket. Can't believe it didn't burn my car down :(

Order before that was some LED bulbs that were 1/3 the brightness of the LED bulbs Ikea carries
If you want some INSANE high brightness LED bulbs, $15 after the OPA coupon: http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/f...omni-dimmable-bulb-0521397p.html#.VRHIsz5NomQ

hahaha. I had the same problem! Driving with my phone as my GPS plugged into my car charger it would DRAIN! WTF? Installed gSam Battery Monitor: Phone is drawing 462ma from battery during GPS use, charger is providing 100ma?! lol :( I e-mailed DX and they said it must be the charger, not the cable, so I ordered one of their dual 2.1 amp ones. Worked slightly better but none of my radio stations worked while my phone was charging and two weeks later I get into my car and smell nothing but electronic burning smell. Charger was melted right inside the 12v socket, couldn't be removed, had to replace the socket. Can't believe it didn't burn my car down :(

If you want some INSANE high brightness LED bulbs, $15 after the OPA coupon: http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/f...omni-dimmable-bulb-0521397p.html#.VRHIsz5NomQ
I was surprised that all 4 of the (same model) cables I bought only allow 100mA. Cheap retractable cable I bought from them years go reads at 1400mA. Good cable that came with my HTC Desire 601 puts 1800mA into my Note2 via my OEM 2A Samsung charger.

I don't need a super bright LED bulb. Just something that emulates a normal bulb. The ones Ikea sells for like $9 work great so far.

skids of tires that take 4-6 weeks to arrive? what's not to like?
I had two orders recently from Alibaba that took three weeks (good) and six days (wut)

I had two orders recently from Alibaba that took three weeks (good) and six days (wut)
I got a sweet emergency flashlight (takes 3 x 18650 batteries, has a built in charger that charges the batteries by mini USB at 2amps so you can charge it with your computer/laptop/cell phone charger, and also has two 2.1 amp USB fastcharge outputs to charge your cell phone from the batteries in emergencies, sweet bit of kit) and it took three days from china! They shipped it by Fedex Express Saver, cost them $7.50 so said the waybill! Looks like with all the business China is doing that Fedex and others are giving them great rates because people are getting tired of the slow China Post shipping :D

Last edited:
Wait...doesn't this mean cheaper tires...this could work for me. I'm still running with cheapo Shinko's.

I got a sweet emergency flashlight (takes 3 x 18650 batteries, has a built in charger that charges the batteries by mini USB at 2amps so you can charge it with your computer/laptop/cell phone charger, and also has two 2.1 amp USB fastcharge outputs to charge your cell phone from the batteries in emergencies, sweet bit of kit) and it took three days from china! They shipped it by Fedex Express Saver, cost them $7.50 so said the waybill! Looks like with all the business China is doing that Fedex and others are giving them great rates because people are getting tired of the slow China Post shipping :D
had a couple more items come today that took only seven days. Another should be here tomorrow that is about the same...gone are the days of 4-8 weels I guess

I can't even send a freaking pair of gloves to Regina from Toronto for $7.50!!!

If they can buy out Volvo , then they can buy out anything

This is bad news all around. CHuck Fina, they are going to destroy everything;

They are going to be the only ones left working soon enough.

BB

The Euro is cheap, I picked up a pair myself. It's not a secret that when you have money you buy things. Remember when Japan was on a buying spree!

You went there
Kinda like the thread where everyone was talking about the faux 1%ers in Brampton......and I figured "Bramcro" was fitting,LOL

Wait...doesn't this mean cheaper tires...this could work for me. I'm still running with cheapo Shinko's.

You won't see any cheaper tires from Pirelli. A lot of them were already manufactured in China. I doubt much will change at all. Pirelli will be like Hong Kong, fairly independent just the flow of cash will be going to a different set of pockets.

Back
Top Bottom