2015 RACE rules | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2015 RACE rules

Saying they give different feedback is accurate.

Saying tire X works better than tire Y is inaccurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These seem like pretty curt little posts on a pretty complicated subject. Would appreciate if you could elaborate a bit when you have time.

Not sure how you are defining "work" here, but I think it is pretty obvious that situations can arise where one tire keeps you upright and another puts you on your ***. If by "work" you just mean that any race tire can deliver ground clearance-limited lean angles IF it is new enough and IF it is at proper operating temperature and IF track conditions are perfect and IF the rider makes no mistakes...then yes, obviously. But those are a lot of ifs and if one if is not met then tire choice could easily make a big difference, no? And would you argue that tire choice is not going to affect how soon a superbike rider can get hard on the throttle when exiting a corner? UK vs US Dunlop - no difference?

It's semantics, Tim might be grumpy today although that would be a rare thing as I've never seen it.

I certainly liked how the Pirelli's "worked" on my bike more than I like the way the Dunlops "worked".
Work as a verb = My tires don't work as well in the cold as they do in the hot summer temps.

I don't agree with you.

Different tires provide different feedback and behave differently. Chassis or suspension changes may be required when switching from one brand to another. Compound selection doesn't always follow the same logic from one brand to another either. One brand may suit your riding style more than others but that doesn't mean that any brand is more or less capable that any other brand.

The best advice I can give is to pick one brand and stick with it. Learn those tires and get your set up just right for those tires. I have been on Dunlop for a long time and I know them well. I'm still not silly enough to think that Dunlops are better or worse than any other brand.

The U.S. NTecs were on a development curve that has caught up to the UK version. Also the UK version doesn't exist anymore.

Dunlop, Pirelli, Michelin and Bridgestone all make fantastic tires.

The logic of thinking that brand X would save you but brand Y would leave you on your ass has more to do with bike set up than tire performance. With everything else being equal, if bike set up is dialed in 100%, the performance difference between brands is negligible.

Last edited:
could probably start a different thread on this, but, Tim is right, they are all good, in there own way. I have been lucky enough to have tried all 4. and podiumed on all 4. do i have a fav? yes. would i like to run mis-matched brands? yes.

Anyways, does anyone have a link for the new rule book? the link above is taking me to what I believe it is still the wrong version.

Weren't the classes supposed to be the same?

ection 14: 2015 SOAR CLASSES
Class Name
Class Types
Licenses
Superbike
Pro and Amateur classes
As per class
600 Extreme
Pro and Amateur classes
As per class
Battle of the Twins (BOTT)
Heavyweight and Lightweight classes
Mixed license class
Formula Two Stroke
Run as one class. Only divided when at least 8 Heavyweight and 8 lightweight are entered.
Mixed license class
Lost Era
Heavyweight and Lightweight classes
Mixed license class
Formula Femme

n/a
Mixed license class
Rookie Challenge
n/a
Amateur only
Old Boys Cup
n/a
Mixed license class

Vintage
Run as one class. Only divided when at least 8 Heavyweight and 8 lightweight are entered.
Mixed license class
Open Sprint
Pro and Amateur classes
As per class
NuSpeed
n/a
Amateur only
RIPP Racing/Bridgestone Cup
n/a
Mixed license class
Lightweight Superbike
n/a
Mixed license class

Why is the RACE still talking about Sportsman Class

Last edited:
That is the revised rulebook. The Championship classes are now exactly the same as we discussed. Now RACE is free to run whatever extra classes they wish. They can still have Sportsman,Masters,2 stroke etc but they are NOT Ont/Que Championship classes,and lets face it there is a caveat in their system that all classes are contingent on sufficient entries. This is the same as SOAR is still running Nuspeed and Bridgestone Cup which also not championship classes. What is gone is all the CSBK and AMA nonsense. HP limits, DOT tires etc. As far as I know ALL CSBK legal bikes are legal by our rules (ours are very much more liberal) however that is the not the case in reverse so if you have a RACE or SOAR legal machine you better check with CSBK or AMA regarding eligibility should you want to race with them.

Ok that makes sense, thanks Ken. Glad to see we can run the blue waffle on sportsman if we choose to do so

Off the top of my head aftermarket forks and wheels are two things not allowed in CSBK that are in RACE/SOAR.

Shark fin mandatory at SOAR, didn't see any mention of it in the RACE rule book.

Off the top of my head aftermarket forks and wheels are two things not allowed in CSBK that are in RACE/SOAR.

Damnit lol

This used to be my signature, but Paulo didn't like it.

csbk does let some stuff slide, forks?? maybe not. they let me play ball, well, until i do well. then not. lol

Ya that's my worry, I don't need to go all the way to Edmonton to get DQ'd. Those suck.

I wouldn't be worried about a CSBK official randomly giving you a hard time. I would be worried about someone that you just beat protesting you (and getting you DQ'd)

It doesn't even have to be in a race either. In recent years I've seen racers protest for qualifying positions.

Back
Top Bottom