2015 RACE rules | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2015 RACE rules

Chris is either very stupid or he is continuing to try and mess this deal up for his new BFF, Mr. CSBK himself

It's probably just a mistake. I don't think there would be a single legal bike especially in the pro class if those were the rules.

Ummm. What?
I don't want to believe that either but how are ya in the game for this long and you copy and paste an AMA rulebook and publish it as your own. We now that CSBK is very much against this soar and race venture and we now that Chris works for CSBK so you do the math and see if you come out with anything different?

CC works for RACE and CSBK..
Wouldn't he favor both employers equally?

Chris is either very stupid or he is continuing to try and mess this deal up for his new BFF, Mr. CSBK himself

Not a very nice thing to say about an individual who busts his butt trying to give us a venue to partake in our sport. This is not Chris' day job, he can pack it up at any time. I have personally seen Chris run an entire weekend with only one technical volunteer (not counting marshals). That means two people were running starts, flags at start/finish, tech inspections all day, inquiries, complaints, etc.... Lets assume that this release was an error, and if it was not, then lets find out why. According to Ken they had an agreement regarding a harmonized rule book so lets wait and see what Ken comes up with before hurling insults.

The AMA reference was in the previous rulebook.

Someone has just done a poor job editing the old document rather than starting with a blank document or SOAR's rulebook.

I don't want to believe that either but how are ya in the game for this long and you copy and paste an AMA rulebook and publish it as your own. We now that CSBK is very much against this soar and race venture and we now that Chris works for CSBK so you do the math and see if you come out with anything different?

Guys just chill a bit ok? I have spoke to folks at Shannonville by email and phone a few times today. Have been assured by the owner that the rules as presented will not stand. Another version is forthcoming. In the meantime please feel free to use the SOAR book for technical info pertaining to classes and structure. The only differences when its finished will be operational (starts, gridding, protests, penalties etc) the classes and everything about them will be identical. I will not comment on why it is as it is or who did what and why. I will simply say that it is being worked on by Shannonville as I type this.

Ignorance!! Get your head out of your ***** dude.
You obviously have no idea what Chris has done for Canadian racing in the last oh... 10 years at least.

Revised RACE rulebook was sent to me over the weekend and should be online shortly. Thanks for everyone's patience with this. Please keep in mind that we are trying to accomplish something thats never been done in this country previous to this. There will be hicups and mistakes along the way. In the day of instant information these errors just get amplified. I am updating this only as RACE doesnt have too much of an online presence.

Not the first time a document has been released without going through the proper approval process, won't be the last. (Been there.) Good for getting this sorted out.

Guess I need to look at it tonight, my 600 is CSBK legal but might not be RACE legal. :/ Hopefully they're not still making people lockwire their headstock nut.

Guess I need to look at it tonight, my 600 is CSBK legal but might not be RACE legal. :/ Hopefully they're not still making people lockwire their headstock nut.

You actually racing?

It's now thunderdome, if you can afford it you can do it.

My head steering head nuts are wired...yosh makes predrilled ones that are nice.

That's the plan. The engine is getting pretty tired but I'll have to make do. I'll look up that pre-drilled nut on Bluestreak right now, drilling them SUCKS with my current garage setup (no vice). I won't make the first weekend but if the bike cooperates I'll be there for the 15th race weekend. Got the tires already.

20150319_204146.jpg

SC1 fronts, SC2 rears. I tried out a bike last summer with them on and for Shannonville they might work better than Dunlops I think.

The 15th is the first race weekend. Unfortunately I won't be able to make that one.

All the tires work just fine anywhere.

Sure they do, but some give you more confidence. The Pirellis seem to soak up a bit more of the bumps. I like to feel everything but I've found that the Dunlops are maybe too much of a good thing on that track, often have to just grit my teeth and blast through things because I know the front won't let go, but the Pirellis have a softer sidewall that seems to communicate a bit less. That's my observation from riding my buddy's CBR around last year, at least. Am also going to experiment with a little softer setting in the suspension there, but in the past that has worked against me.

I'm not going to know if I don't try. I might be right back over to the Dunlop trailer, who knows...

Saying they give different feedback is accurate.

Saying tire X works better than tire Y is inaccurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom