Yamaha R6 fans | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yamaha R6 fans

Re: Yamaha R6 lovers

Haha...Exactly...the "bug eyed" look. That's why I went with the gixer at first but now I think the R6 is one of the sweetest looking rides out there.

And thanks... Nice ride to you too.
I agree. Very good looking in comparison to the current Japanese 600s. Not my bike tho!

:O

I personally got it for looks 6

That's the only reason most people get them for. If you were to ask them about technical specs they are lost

That's the only reason most people get them for. If you were to ask them about technical specs they are lost
technical specs? Mine doesn't have those. Weight savings brah :D

I find a lot of people ride xyz brand because their friends do. They can't tell you why it's better or worse but they like it because their boy or bro has it yo

Very nice.

I hated the bug eye'd look at first, but now I've really come to like it.

2015-yamaha-r6-redesign.jpg

Sadly, the next R6 will probably look like the new R1..

Technically a great bike, but it looks like the design was parsed off to four different groups who all met up in the end.

Despite my handle I have no brand favorites, I have had 3 brands in the last couple of years

Sadly, the next R6 will probably look like the new R1..

Technically a great bike, but it looks like the design was parsed off to four different groups who all met up in the end.
The new one looked like dog **** in pics to me but in person I don't mind it at all. I think the r6 currently is one of the better looking bikes especially in white with blue. It's just a pity it's as comfortable a concrete couch.

The new one looked like dog **** in pics to me but in person I don't mind it at all. I think the r6 currently is one of the better looking bikes especially in white with blue. It's just a pity it's as comfortable a concrete couch.

It's a supersport motorcycle. Not a minivan. It's not supposed to be comfortable! lol

It has to have some. I want to ride more than from tims to tims. I just found it the most aggressive out of the japanese 600's and rather uncomfortable just to sit on.

technical specs? Mine doesn't have those. Weight savings brah :D

I find a lot of people ride xyz brand because their friends do. They can't tell you why it's better or worse but they like it because their boy or bro has it yo
I guess I'm weird.

Yamaha is known to have no torque in the low end & lying about tachometer readings

^^I heard you only know what the back of gixxers look like anyways :dontknow: :lmao:

I admit I wanted an R6 before I started riding; the best looking 600SS for me would be between the modern 636s and the R6.

...but then I became a squid and bought a gixxer :agave:

Thanks for confirming. Look at the torque values at 4k rpm

Show that just saying max numbers @ RPM in the Timmies parking lot doesn't mean much.
The bore and stroke of the R6 and CBR are identical, but big difference in torque.

I read about the tach issue here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_YZF-R6

Hilarious, they just made a fake tach. Funny how the power dropped from the 08/09 version to the present version.

Funny how the power dropped from the 08/09 version to the present version.
It's just a bit of detuning in the ECU (less spark advance, less throttle blade opening, leaner fuel mixture). Drop an 08 R6 ECU in a 2010 and they preform identically. You can only swap ECU's (without modification) on USA bikes but a 2014 R6 will run perfectly with an 08 R6 ECU in it. You can of course flash 2010-2014 ECU's back to 2008 spec.

It's just a bit of detuning in the ECU (less spark advance, less throttle blade opening, leaner fuel mixture). Drop an 08 R6 ECU in a 2010 and they preform identically. You can only swap ECU's (without modification) on USA bikes but a 2014 R6 will run perfectly with an 08 R6 ECU in it. You can of course flash 2010-2014 ECU's back to 2008 spec.

So it's about emissions?

Back
Top Bottom