• change to Touring

Votes: 25 83.3%
  • keep it the way it is

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters

DemonPig

Do not cast your pearls before swine
Site Supporter
Alright, so as per the results of the last poll, who thinks it would be a good idea to change the name of this forum to Touring?
Sklp the whole - cruising, "everything cruiser related," etc.
As many of you have pointed out, there is no need to separate GTAM into bike type related sub-forums and the nature of Touring is that it welcomes everyone, and on any bike.

The idea is to revive touring, and/or "adventure" riding here and create a good niche for local motorcyclists, many of whom have to rely on US based sites.

Vast majority of posts relate strictly to touring already and as it is forum title is misleading.

Change it. Touring can be done on any kind of motorcycle.

I voted no as it puts extra work on the admin and may not be so simple as you think to change the name.

I think it's an unnecessay nitpick ...my 1.6 US cents worth :rolleyes:

Cruising / Touring.....vs Touring....

I'd say cruising around is touring....so I vote no don't bother.

Oh, I never saw it that way, as in "cruising" = cruisers. But yeah, "touring" is fine if it's changed.

I say change it, the whole cruising thing was always an odd mix. No reason why cruisers wouldn't be part of the general forum.

I voted no as it puts extra work on the admin and may not be so simple as you think to change the name.

I think it's an unnecessay nitpick ...my 1.6 US cents worth :rolleyes:

Hmmm, don't see how would it generate extra work for anyone but Paul and that's about 2 minutes.
But do correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't owned or modded a forum in years.

As for the meaning of the word "cruiser," it is true that in a dictionary it is broader. However, in a bike community it has only one meaning. ... And it just doesn't make sense in here. I believe that the description is very misleading and we're not attracting people who would otherwise be interested.

It took me a couple of years to check out this sub forum for that exact reason.

DemonPig, I'm not sure we want to attract some of the other people over here .;)

I tour on a gsxr. Can I play too?

No, you tour on a credit card and one change of undies. Givi v35s or equivalent. :D

"You lost 15 friends on motorcycles? and you have only been riding since 2008? was this a group ride that fell off a cliff or are you being serious?"-ZX600

Just look at all the threads started in this form, they are all about touring. Not about cruisers. A big part of motorcycling for a lot of people is touring, and people do it on everything. I remember seeing something a few years back about a guy going round the world on an R1.

I always looked at as a mix of day trips/local roads ( cruising ) and touring...not specific to a motorcycle type.

Back
Top Bottom