Anyone buying Skully AR-1? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone buying Skully AR-1?

I've been on that stupid notify list for a long time. When it first came out I thought it was vaporware, so I ignored it. Wish I hadn't. Now I have to buy a helmet and am spending around $800. If there was somewhere I could buy one today at the listed price I would.

I was ordering it months ago and then it said delivery may 2016 so I was like forget it. I'm not waiting 18 plus months for a 1500 helmet I have to pay in full up front
uodate: now it says delivery July 2015

You're kidding, right? That much cash for a helmet to give me the same info already available on my bike? Not this guy...

"You lost 15 friends on motorcycles? and you have only been riding since 2008? was this a group ride that fell off a cliff or are you being serious?"-ZX600

You're kidding, right? That much cash for a helmet to give me the same info already available on my bike? Not this guy...

"You lost 15 friends on motorcycles? and you have only been riding since 2008? was this a group ride that fell off a cliff or are you being serious?"-ZX600
What if the HUD looks like this?

T-800a_Night_Vision.jpg

What if the HUD looks like this?

T-800a_Night_Vision.jpg

Doctor, I see red... :D

I was ordering it months ago and then it said delivery may 2016 so I was like forget it. I'm not waiting 18 plus months for a 1500 helmet I have to pay in full up front
uodate: now it says delivery July 2015

It says back ordered and if you even put money down now they said not to expect it till 2016

You have a rear view camera, heads up display and bluetooth???

Last edited:
Click buy buy it now it says back ordered and then says estimated delivery July 2015

Yeah, you can't even pre-order it anymore. You have to wait for it to open. I heard that if you were to get a preorder it now it wouldn't be fulfilled till 2016. They are all booked up until then.

You have a rear view camera, heads up display and bluetooth???

Lol. No, but I do have mirrors/shoulder check, dash with speedo etc, and I do have Bluetooth in helmet. Tbh, what I don't have is $1500 for a helmet...:D

Yeah, you can't even pre-order it anymore. You have to wait for it to open. I heard that if you were to get a preorder it now it wouldn't be fulfilled till 2016. They are all booked up until then.

I can wait if it does well they will be available easier with software updates too

I can wait if it does well they will be available easier with software updates too

I don't see myself buying gen 1. I do want to see what it's like if I think there is value in buying to enhance the riding experience. Right now, I'd rather spend the paying down the massive debt I accumilated...

I don't see myself buying gen 1. I do want to see what it's like if I think there is value in buying to enhance the riding experience. Right now, I'd rather spend the paying down the massive debt I accumilated...

Good plan

Beam splitter tech doesn't work. There is a reason why nobody has actually ridden with the helmet. But the recent funding of 11mil is peculiar.

Back
Top Bottom