May 24 2015 Southwood road 13 run | GTAMotorcycle.com

May 24 2015 Southwood road 13 run

That's a dangerous road if you're not experienced.

I guess your unfamiliar, with the area lol you must be a newb. I rode there, middle of last April, it was swept !!

Lol

That road is best savoured alone.

good luck. i hope you like sand

OP, no one is asking you for qualifications, you can take a group ride anytime and anywhere you want but......

Knowing what most of the people in this thread know, you are going to get a bunch of eager riders joining your ride, a few probably not experienced and regardless of your knowledge of area, We all know that road is a **** show in the best of times which is not in May, so all that equals a pretty bad day for someone..

SO take the advice or leave it, but have the courtesy to warn people on your post that the road is full of sand... because it is!

And by the way, the fact that you took total control and gearing up means nothing to the rider that is going to freak out when he/she is leaned and sees sand on the turn. But you should know that with your experience and all!

Last edited:
Well I have 20 years, riding experience, took total control, took gearing up so, no worries :)

Still doesnt mean you know how to ride. Lol I have been there at the end of July and there was still tons of sand.

Sandwood 13 is a disaster. It's bad all year round but spring is nasty.
I know that road like the back of my hand and have over 20+ years riding myself and I still respect that road. For the most part I avoid it.
This year has been especially hard on it and it's heaved pretty bad so take it easy and ride safe.

No problem star ship, I ll take a bunch. Just to let you all know, I have been riding the road for 20 years, have a family cottage off the road ! But for the affraid, and overly cautious. Maybe you should, take some courses, you know give your selves, some confidence. Must be all the estragine, in the drinking water. You know shrinking, the old go-nads lol

I would show up to document what happens next for posterity, unfortunately somebody decided to have a wedding that weekend

All the training in the world doesn't overcome the lack of grip due to the crappy conditions on that road. You have to ride it like a granny so where's the fun?

First of all, I just checked, with district of Muskoka, this road will be swept second week of May. I ll be riding, my regular style thanks. Seems like alot, of mis informed people on this site !!

First of all, I just checked, with district of Muskoka, this road will be swept second week of May. I ll be riding, my regular style thanks. Seems like alot, of mis informed people on this site !!
Yea they usually sweep it in May, I find the big issue is the runoff from the shoulders and cars kicking the sand and gravel all over the place.
It really is to bad it's such a great twistie road. There are just way to many variables while riding it, gravel, frost heaves, oncoming traffic in your lane etc.
Either my balls have shrunk or I've just gotten wise the thought that it may actually kill me one day, ive had a couple close calls on that road.
But hey man if you have the testicular fortitude to ride her at speed I say give er and have a blast ?

I am in as long as weather is GOOD....sand monsters no scare me....it's drifting time. Would be nice to get a big group to rehash those memories of the crash fest we had on the Limegreen ride a couple years back. Ooooohhh the drama..... This should be interesting

Back
Top Bottom