'06 Honda shadow 750 issue with front spring?!? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

'06 Honda shadow 750 issue with front spring?!?

Hey Iceman, I'm getting a message that says you have exceeded you pm message storage...

Michelle

Good luck with that... Nice guy, not too quick with the forum stuff :p
Pm me your info if you want, and I will forward it to him.

Good catch on the turn signal upside down install. Remove your lightbar and reinstall back to original and you'll gain almost 1.75" of extra clearance. This should solve your suspension problem, and it would be a lot cheaper than redoing your otherwise functional suspension. This would not be the first time a previous owner mucked up an accessory install.

Will she have an issue mounting the driving lights? I believe the other poster mentioned that it may have been installed like that to make room for those lights.

Good luck with that... Nice guy, not too quick with the forum stuff :p
Pm me your info if you want, and I will forward it to him.

Heyyyy. I resemble that! Inbox cleared, I always use tapatalk and I can't seem to clear my inbox from there.

"You lost 15 friends on motorcycles? and you have only been riding since 2008? was this a group ride that fell off a cliff or are you being serious?"-ZX600

The added lighting will "likely" have to be removed, to return the signal bar back to stock position. But the real question is what is more important to the OP the extra lighting with the suspension bottoming out prematurely on the fender, or getting more suspension travel from stock position.

EDIT: Going back and looking at the pics, the light bar does indeed look inverted, to accommodate the driving lights. They can't be mounted higher as they will then contact the windshield, (looks that way from angle pic was taken). Also if you look the wring for them goes on the open portion of the bar, (which in stock position is facing downward). It is now facing up allowing for water to accumulate inside the bar. In stock position water would simply drip out of the bar. Unless whoever inverted the bar has drilled drain holes the water will just sit inside the bar now.

I vote to return the bar to the stock position. Hopefully Iceman can help her out, if not I have tools at my business in Thornhill, (407 and Yonge St area).

Will she have an issue mounting the driving lights? I believe the other poster mentioned that it may have been installed like that to make room for those lights.

Last edited:
Heyyyy. I resemble that! Inbox cleared, I always use tapatalk and I can't seem to clear my inbox from there.

"You lost 15 friends on motorcycles? and you have only been riding since 2008? was this a group ride that fell off a cliff or are you being serious?"-ZX600

My devious little plan worked *rubs hands together and laughs eerily *

I will post a picture of my light bar asap. Was installed by previous owner. Also has lights. Had no issue with windshield or suspension. Hopefully it will aid in remedying the issue.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

9e568e2e77370eeb15eb7b9690d76225.png
Sorry, did not take picture of my bike, will try today. I did find this pic online, though. Looks similar to yours.

"His wife would.love to tools user the tree. You know, user the tree. To tools." Inreb, via Professor

Just an update... Unreal!! So I took my bike to Milton Honda for OL&F. They do a full inspection as part of the service. They informed me that in their opinion the bike should not have passed the safety with the "modification" that was done. He showed me that whoever in the installer was removed the bracket that originally is the mount for the signal lights, welded a piece of metal that holds the running lights, and attached the turning lights to that. With all that done, then the "welded metal" was bolted to the frame of the bike from underneath. I spoke to the original dealership where I bought the bike and they are treating me like some stupid chick who has no idea. And tried to convince me that since I took the bike to another shop that they no longer hold responsibility over the state of the bike. When I said the MTO probably would not agree, they have agreed to have their mechanic have a look. Im not to sure that I'm comfortable with them "fixing" the problem.

Michelle

Milton Honda is a Honda dealership, not sure if you originally purchased from a different Honda dealership or "other" but interesting comments if both are Honda.
I would try to get Miton to document their findings on the OLF inspection.

Not to specifically give the name of the other dealership.. But it is in Brampton. And to make sure I clarify... The salesman there that sold me the bike is awesome.... The " Boss " is a goof!

Michelle

Lol OLF duuhh.. I really am not a stupid chick... Just in a fog after a long week bahaha

Michelle

So it seems that I am, in fact, a "stupid chick", as I have no clue what an O,L & F is. ?

Yes. Of course. I thought it had something to do with the light bar. I'm an idiot.

Its due to order noted that throws ya off...dealers usually refer to it as LOF > Lube Oil & Filter. OL &F is all the same, so I just went with it.

Back
Top Bottom