What would you do if this happened to you while you were riding? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What would you do if this happened to you while you were riding?

Unexpected stuff like this is rare. But it makes me rethink riding in the city. Too many boneheads out there.

[video=youtube;YF2swaqz_Kk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF2swaqz_Kk[/video]

You were speeding.,Totally preventable I could hear you shift to 4th. Why go so quick in the city with cars all around like that. From the rear shot you can see how far you leave the other cars behind at the light except the murano who is accelerating quick too...Just dumb

Last edited:
There's a GPS speedo in the top left, the driver never exceeds 60kph.

I hate to agree but I saw the video without sound and was thinking the dumb asian lady was driving the car with the camera, all i thought was wow, that lady is going way too fast for that traffic.

For the people saying to swerve to the right, now if he hits the truck he is at fault and stupid asian lady is off the hook with no consequences.

Lessons learner
You were speeding.,Totally preventable I could hear you shift to 4th. Why go so quick in the city with cars all around like that. From the rear shot you can see how far you leave the other cars behind at the light except the murano who is accelerating quick too...Just dumb

There's a GPS speedo in the top left, the driver never exceeds 60kph.

Well I would doubt it's correct and he was accelerating quickly to that speed especially for that car, I also imagine the speed limit there is 50 so take all that into account and it was still preventable in my mind. Slow down in town and in tradfic

I take offence that Asian+woman=accident.(***edit** I see you're getting flack for that on your YT page too) Just a bad driver. She was at fault. Preventable, maybe. I'm always scanning my mirrors, so in this case I would not have been looking at the white car, I'd be looking at the space in the right lane and cutting off the Murano. Would I have been able to get around the white car if I was driving a cage though?...maybe. I definitely could have on the bike, cause I've done it a few times. Closest was a cab that my foot peg just missed his bumper...my pant leg hit it.

Last edited:
Shifter into 4th?!?! Ou nooo! He must have been flying!! Yea no. I drove my civic sir in 5th at 60 all the time. Weak engines usually mean short gears to help torque multiplier. Because you beleive the vehicle is driving sfaster than indicated by gps you take the GPS speed and call it in question? The **** do we need radar guns with geniouses like you?!

Dash cams have a fisheye effect causing things to look farther than they are. That murano was closer than it appears. I wouldnt even have attempted to swerve. White car driver is clearly at fault. No ifs or buts.
Right of way, failure to yield, open and shut case.

How many stories have we had here where a motorcyclist swerved to avoid a car that failed to yield and ended up charged in a one vehicle accident when they wreck without a collision with causing vehicle?

Stereotypes tend to exist for a reason. Even if he showed me just a pic of that lady I'd assume she was a crap driver - and I would've been right. :lol:

Shifter into 4th?!?! Ou nooo! He must have been flying!! Yea no. I drove my civic sir in 5th at 60 all the time. Weak engines usually mean short gears to help torque multiplier. Because you beleive the vehicle is driving sfaster than indicated by gps you take the GPS speed and call it in question? The **** do we need radar guns with geniouses like you?!

Dash cams have a fisheye effect causing things to look farther than they are. That murano was closer than it appears. I wouldnt even have attempted to swerve. White car driver is clearly at fault. No ifs or buts.
Right of way, failure to yield, open and shut case.

How many stories have we had here where a motorcyclist swerved to avoid a car that failed to yield and ended up charged in a one vehicle accident when they wreck without a collision with causing vehicle?

you drive your civic at 1500 rpm ?? Ookkkkkkkkk

Stereotypes tend to exist for a reason.../QUOTE]

So exceedingly dim people don't have to think too hard? So people of little confidence can feel better about themselves? Sure legally it's her fault but if that were a bike we would be unanimous in agreeing the OP was extremely reckless. Total cager attitude: I can drive too fast for the conditions and make bad lane choice because I'm in a car.

OP wasn't reckless at all. He was driving in his own lane, minding his own business, and judging by the GPS speedometer he wasn't even speeding.

The dumb ***** is 100% at fault and she does her little part to propagate the stereotype. If that were a biker, he'd be an equally stupid idiot and would indeed deserve to be hit by a car for being blind to oncoming traffic.

OP wasn't reckless at all. He was driving in his own lane, minding his own business, and judging by the GPS speedometer he wasn't even speeding.

The dumb ***** is 100% at fault and she does her little part to propagate the stereotype. If that were a biker, he'd be an equally stupid idiot and would indeed deserve to be hit by a car for being blind to oncoming traffic.

You can stand up to be counted as right and still be shot between the eyes. Slow down a bit and this stuf can be avoided. I wouldn't even want to be in the lane he was in unless I was turning because as proven you can't see what's coming out of the trafffic

How about if it was a cop pulling out without stopping onto a roadway where he couldn't see anything? Would it be the cops fault? Some will understand why I ask this.

You were speeding.

Total cager attitude: I can drive too fast for the conditions and make bad lane choice because I'm in a car.

+1

I had to watch the video like 6 times just to acclimate to the speed. Them rice rockets are really sudden. Also, what's with the stereotypes?

I started getting dizzy when he reached 55km/h

God damn speeder.

How about if it was a cop pulling out without stopping onto a roadway where he couldn't see anything? Would it be the cops fault? Some will understand why I ask this.

Anyone turning or changing lanes is at fault. Anyone going straight is not at fault. Fault isn't the discussion here

No but 50 in a 50 zone ought to be just fine. The conditions are perfectly normal. You drive in the city during the week don't you? Yeesh.

Its okay to advocate for heightened awareness on OPs part, but this accident was the fault of one [asian] [woman] person specifically.

GPS often lag a little when accelerating hard.

"Accelerating hard" is not something this guy's Nissan Sentra is capable of. :lol: He was barely escaping the yellow rental truck...

Back
Top Bottom