smart tv recommendation? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

smart tv recommendation?

I bought it at bestbuy, I have it at home & I am really happy with it the quality is actually really good, it's the 120 hz so the refresh rate is good, I tried a couple of games on it & it is really sharp, graphics look amazing!

looking into purchasing a new tv as well.. smart tv vs buying a regular tv and hooking up one of those media boxes.. what channels are you provided for free?.... monthly subscriptions?

Screw smart tvs. We moved to a new house and bought two ASUS vm40b miniPC. Hdmi, optical sound output, upgradeable hdd and memory.

I used to use a laptop to stream content to bedroom tv and my main rig downstairs for the 55". Due to new house layout that wasnt feasible anymore. I prefer an actual pc with windows to any apps or stuff like that. Nothing like stopping a movie and browsing for that actor you know youve seen somewhere else.

Attempting internet use on any SmartTVs or boxes like WDTV was just pulling teeth.

I beg to differ. I grabbed a Samsung from Telecity a couple years ago for a screaming deal. It has Netflix built in and the media streaming program I use on my laptop recognizes the tv so I can stream directly to it without any 3rd party box or anything.

I don't understand what you're disagreeing with as you're mentioning neflix andmedia-streaming when i specifically mentioned internet browsing?

smartTVs dont have the processing grunt to run anything but one thing at a time.

My ASUS has turned my tv and surround sound attached into a full fledged entertainment system. Wanna listen to youtube video in high def and 800watts? No problemo.

Wanna multitask on your TV? Go for it. Why limit yourself to slow apps, and single app use when you can turn your TV into a monitor and basically have a PC?

Have an HTPC under my new Samsung TV.... I no longer even bother using it as the Samsung has the right stuff on its own. The HTPC is basically just a media storage device now.

ya, the smart tv's seemed to have stepped up their game. I just bought a SONY tv over the weekend. It basically has a ROKU in it, but it's not branded as such. Works exactly the same as my roku 3. I was honestly expecting the *smart* part of the tv to be crap, but it wasn't.

Back
Top Bottom