Buying Selling on Kijiji woes | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Buying Selling on Kijiji woes

Try giving something away on kijiji. It's way funnier.

My god, I'd rather stick pins under my nails. So funny, almost makes me wanna cry. People want stuff delivered, ask million questions, want more than you offer, etc. Easier to just post a price or throw it out. A bit better on this forum than kijiji. People tend to be more respectful.

Read from bottom to top (sight)

Mark V.
4:15 PM (5 hours ago)
to me
Seriously. How old are you?

Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 14:16:26 -0400
Did you have your meds today?

Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 19:03:33 -0400
Still throwing a fit?

Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 14:10:08 -0400
Are you off the rag yet?

Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2015 23:15:27 -0400
How old are you?

Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2015 22:43:52 -0400
Have you cooled off yet? Now, can we talk like grown ups?

Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2015 22:33:02 -0400
How can you say I'm low balling you? I didn't even make an offer? And now you are cursing at me? Are you for real?

Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2015 22:28:59 -0400
To: mark_83@outlook.com

Not to some low ball moron that has no idea what the bike is worth. Go find the same bike for less than 7k. Good luck buddy.

Now f_ _k off.

Sent: Sunday, March 8, 2015 10:27 PM
What's with the attitude? Do you actually want to sell your bike or not? Don't act like an idiot.

Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2015 22:23:55 -0400
Go find another one then. Take care.

Sent: Sunday, March 8, 2015 10:22 PM
My brother, it's got 40,000 kilometres and beat up fairings. You really think $5600 is fair?

Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2015 22:17:52 -0400
Lowest I can do is 5600.

Hey there, Interested in the bike. Would you be able to discuss price before I make the trip down from Peterborough? Let me know what your best price is and if its reasonable I can be there fairly quick. I have a trailer so I can take it home on the spot. TTYS, M.V.

Amazing!!!!

I've met the weirdest people on Kijiji, and I'm sure you have as well. People promise to show up but then, as a general rule, do not. This is the issue with selling private. As a seller I ask for a specific time and tell them an hour after this time I'll be out of the house. Wasting your time for buyers is not productive. As for low ballers, simply ignore them.

As a buyer I ask as many questions as I want, then book a time and show up at that time. Often people are amazed that keep my word. The world of GTA is screwed.

Mark V.
4:15 PM (5 hours ago)
to me

Did you have your meds today?

Still throwing a fit?

Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 14:10:08 -0400
Are you off the rag yet?

How old are you?

Have you cooled off yet? Now, can we talk like grown ups?

How can you say I'm low balling you? I didn't even make an offer? And now you are cursing at me? Are you for real?

Not to some low ball moron that has no idea what the bike is worth. Go find the same bike for less than 7k. Good luck buddy.

Now f_ _k off.

What's with the attitude? Do you actually want to sell your bike or not? Don't act like an idiot.

Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2015 22:23:55 -0400

Sent: Sunday, March 8, 2015 10:22 PM
My brother, it's got 40,000 kilometres and beat up fairings. You really think $5600 is fair?

Lowest I can do is 5600.

Hey there, Interested in the bike. Would you be able to discuss price before I make the trip down from Peterborough? Let me know what your best price is and if its reasonable I can be there fairly quick. I have a trailer so I can take it home on the spot. TTYS, M.V.
Had a guy email me to tell me my asking price was too high. He wasn't interested in the bike just informing me. Was like 10 more emails from him getting annoyed at me for having it posted at that price. Sold it a week later for what I wanted.
ps Thanks Elton To ;)

Ahem, not sure I read that right, but are you expecting to get the same amount of money you got the bike for and used for a while? Obviously you'll get lowballed, it's not a condo. you can't flip it for moooneeeh.

Sure you could, if you buy in the fall and sell in the spring.

Mark
Stil
Are you off the rag yet?
Have you cooled off yet? Now, can we t
To: mark_83@outlook.comFrom: Mark V.
Date: Sun, 8
My brother, it's got 40,000 kilometres a
Lowest I can do is 5600
Hey there, Interested in Let me know what your best price is and if its reasonable I can be there fairly quick. I have a trailer so I can take it home on the spot. TTYS, M.V.

Woa! That is some Kijiji woe!

Meh, I find people want too much for things on Kijiji. I always look before I make an offer, and I always offer based on what I think it's worth, not what some dreaming idiot is asking for it. As for selling, I'll deal, but I never get anxious. Show up with the cash and we'll talk price, I never deal over emails.

I agree with most, Kijiji can be a frustrating experience at times however, it does have a comedic side to it. Case in point, I recently picked up an older model car and am looking for someone who can install an Auxiliary input cable to it so I can hook up an iPod or phone to play songs, dealer wants $$$$$ to do it so I turned to Kijiji.

Here's the ad I placed on Kijiji:
Wanted: Aux input installed in 2005 BMW 545i
I'm looking for someone who can install an AUX input into my 2005 BMW 545i. It currently has a 6 disk Cd-changer and the logic 7 system.

Here's a response I received:
A 6 disk CD Changer ?? How 90's man. That's an EARLY 90's thing and those days are gone long ago, having to load CD's up into a changer. CD's are almost gone as well nobody buys CD's anymore. Get an ipod. All the tunes you want in your hand.

No ? Sherlock! :banghead:

Last edited:
Lol, his email makes it funnier.

Sometimes I troll people that put a million keywords. They list a civic and include keywords from gsxr to ferrari.

Generally speaking, Ducatis just don't get ridden a lot (I've been told several times by dealers the average they see is about 2-3K a year). So it almost becomes a contest of 'who will ride my bike less?' so they can preserve their supposed value due to their condition. (Maintenance notwithstanding)

If I ever try to sell my Monster (it has 60K on it), I don't think I'll get any offers.

60k on a Duc? No value now. You should just give it away on Kijiji. Can you deliver it too?

60k on a Duc? No value now. You should just give it away on Kijiji. Can you deliver it too?

Giving it away? If you put on new tires, chain/sprockets, brakes, and fresh fluids all around. Then you show me proof that you had all this done. I'll even come pick it up if you cover my fuel. :D

"You lost 15 friends on motorcycles? and you have only been riding since 2008? was this a group ride that fell off a cliff or are you being serious?"-ZX600

Still, for all of the troubles Kijiji has, I'm old enough to remember how much harder it was to sell anything before Kijiji.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Still, for all of the troubles Kijiji has, I'm old enough to remember how much harder it was to sell anything before Kijiji.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk
I remember buying the new auto traders every week, also the triad buy & sell

I remember buying the new auto traders every week, also the triad buy & sell

And you had to get the different editions of the Triad, iirc, because all the good deals were in Barrie.
How about that we used to have to drive our vehicles to an Auto Trader booth to get it's picture.

I have a scooter for sale on Kijiji and some of the emails I am getting are laughable. One guy offered me 50% of my asking price because he was going to pay me "Cash". Pay me cash vs what, in potatoes?
I have a price in mind and I will not go 1 cent below that, period.

love that one.

i was selling a dirtbike. asking 2000. wont sell for under 1800. had guys show up bragging 1200 CASH right now. what else would i take? sticks feathers, and beads?

i also don't care how much money you have put into your crappy sunfire/cavalier etc. its still a piece of crap

I'll make price deals via emails...based on the description of condition....but always will leave room to negotiate face to face if it's not as described. When selling, I don't go out of my way to meet either. I'll arrange a time and if I'm around if they are late fine, but i'm not waiting around on purpose.

The last time I dealt with a buyer pulling that on me, he refused to negotiate on the price despite the bike requiring an $800 service (which he denied) and having a squared off rear tire (which he also denied) after I travelled 2hrs to go see it.
I met up with a seller once who did not know what 'mint condition' meant and was shown a scratched up phone he described as 'mint' in the ad using stock photos. He said all the other sellers were using that word.

Back
Top Bottom