Buying Selling on Kijiji woes | Page 11 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Buying Selling on Kijiji woes

I've sold most things from my house, but they are usually child related (clothing toys ) and a sofa. The types of things that I would imagine being low risk.
But the saddle bags from last week were at the house, otherwise the meets are at the local tims across from a bank. I also use that postal code for Kijiji ads.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Met some great people and made some good buys and sales on Kijiji, but like any other public forum, it`s like a big bowl of granola - what ain`t fruits or nuts is flakes...

Most dodgy experience I had with Kijiji was looking at an FZ-1 a few years ago. Big Kahuna was the closest shop to us both, so I made an appointment to get a saftey inspection and look-over done and we arranged to meet at the shop. If the bike checked out, I would buy it then and there.

When he arrives, he has some, but not all of the paperwork. A flag, sure, but I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt (until they give me reason not to) and everyone can be forgetful, scattered, hung-over, whatever. And what he did have was above board. We agree that he will take the bus home and get the missing papers. By the time he gets back, the inspection will be done.

Bike doesn`t check out, so I call to cancel the deal and leave.

Weeks later I get a call from BK asking when I`m going to come pick-up *my* bike (mine was the only information on record). Tell them the story and that I had already purged the seller`s contact info. Got a few more calls from them after that. Wonder what they did with the bike...

Back
Top Bottom