Buying Selling on Kijiji woes | GTAMotorcycle.com

Buying Selling on Kijiji woes

Roasted

Site Supporter
God damn I hate selling stuff on Kijiji. Trying to sell my bike right now. Already agreed on a price with the guy which was $700 bellow my asking price and I even got suckered into doing a safety on the bike before he picks it up and now the dude is trying to negotiate the price more and some of his excuses are laughable. "I'm going to have to spend more money on a fender eliminator and replace the clutch cover cause there is a scratch, come on man, work with me" LMAO @ fender eliminator. Are you kidding me?

God damn I hate selling stuff on Kijiji. Trying to sell my bike right now. Already agreed on a price with the guy which was $700 bellow my asking price and I even got suckered into doing a safety on the bike before he picks it up and now the dude is trying to negotiate the price more and some of his excuses are laughable. "I'm going to have to spend more money on a fender eliminator and replace the clutch cover cause there is a scratch, come on man, work with me" LMAO @ fender eliminator. Are you kidding me?

You should've taken a deposit and signed a bill of sale with stipulations.

Walk away. Teach him a lesson. Then sell it for what you truly are asking for because it gas a safety now.

tell the guy the price is firm at your original asking price.

Repost your bike and move on.

f the punks.

I didn't do the safety yet, pretty much told the guy, the price is the price, was going to do the safety tomorrow when I'm back from New York. Another guy wants to see it tomorrow anyways. I'm not loosing any money but it's just annoying. Plus, all these guys looking at the bike don't seem like real riders. One guy told me he has a Ducati Monster currently and it had 6K km on it, it was a 2006 and he wanted to "keep the milage low". I swear, the Motorcycle scene in Toronto is a bit of a joke.

The best way to deal with this is 'if you're serious about it, show up and we'll deal with it in person'

More often then not, that weeds out the keyboard/phone warriors.

Positive things, at least now it's "Safetied and ready to roll!"

It can be a real nightmare. I was in a similar situation a few years back selling my car ('02 Honda Accord). Had a young guy in, checking it out. I was upfront about the problems and history of the car. Had a mechanic look at it and the mechanic told him what it would take to safety and get on the road, though I was driving it daily. He brought me down a fair bit, and in the end we agreed on a price. The day he came to pick it up, with cash in hand, he tried to get more of a discount talking about things the mechanic said thinking it would be more. The mechanic was there for this and talked to him about the problems to clarify. In the end I refused to go any lower and sent him walking. Huge waste of time. I ended up trading it in when I bought my new Outback and got a bit more then what he was going to pay me. I think it is just not worth the hassle for a lot of things.

Did they ask if you can deliver? LOL
Yes dude

One time I put our old patio set out on the curb and made a kijiji ad, free patio set, on curb at my address etc...had emails asking me to hold it for a week, deliver it, for me to go out and take pictures of it, lol ****

Last edited:
I didn't do the safety yet, pretty much told the guy, the price is the price, was going to do the safety tomorrow when I'm back from New York. Another guy wants to see it tomorrow anyways. I'm not loosing any money but it's just annoying. Plus, all these guys looking at the bike don't seem like real riders. One guy told me he has a Ducati Monster currently and it had 6K km on it, it was a 2006 and he wanted to "keep the milage low". I swear, the Motorcycle scene in Toronto is a bit of a joke.

Brooooooo he needs to talk you down as much as possible so he still has money for the timmies stops. I couldn't imagine selling a bike in the city. It's bad enough in the sticks.

always always always take a non-refundable deposit.

The best way to deal with this is 'if you're serious about it, show up and we'll deal with it in person'

More often then not, that weeds out the keyboard/phone warriors.

This makes sense if the bike is located close to you, but if you have to drive for 100+ KM to see a bike, I think its fair to get as much detail and negotiate the price before hand.

Just to screw with the system, if the asking price is fair I always pay the full asking price and show up when I say I will!

Yes dude

One time I put our old patio set out on the curb and made a kijiji ad, free patio set, on curb at my address etc...had emails asking me to hold it for a week, deliver it, for me to go out and take pictures of it, lol ****

The picture request I can understand, if it looks like crap I wouldn't bother going to pick it up, the other requests are just insanely stupid.

Just to screw with the system, if the asking price is fair I always pay the full asking price and show up when I say I will!

Asking price fair? What mythical Unicorns have you been finding on Kijiji?

This makes sense if the bike is located close to you, but if you have to drive for 100+ KM to see a bike, I think its fair to get as much detail and negotiate the price before hand.

Yeah for sure, it's more of a guideline, but honestly anyone withing 100km will come see if they're serious.

I find it best dealing with people outside the GTA.

Back
Top Bottom