New Rider Soon (Hopefully) | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Rider Soon (Hopefully)

vsnlweb

Site Supporter
Hey, I've been creeping on here trying to get as much information as possible for a while now, knowing that none of it will do me any good unless I pull the trigger to get my M1 and actually get some riding in...lol Anyway, I am hoping to get my M1 and then M2 this Spring/Summer. The only thing I have been nervous about is actually taking the dam test.

I have started looking at bikes and I am leaning towards something like the GSX-R 600. Seems like a good bike, and also seen some pretty good reviews online. Although, the ultimate test I am guessing is actually sitting on these bikes and riding them.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say whats up!

Welcome to the forum. Don't sweat the test it's not that bad. I would suggest being new looking at a course such as rti to learn the basics and at the end you'll get your m2. Being your first bike I'd call around for insurance first. Depending on age location etc insurance can be rather pricey for a supersport. To insure a gsxr you can call state farm td and possibly dalton timmis. Some people report insurance costs in the several thousand dollar range being a new rider with that bike. Good luck

Welcome!
Wheelie.gif

New rider and looking at a 600, you may want to start smaller imo, good luck.

some people like to start off with a ferrari as their first car, so why not start off with a 600 ss as first bike, just as quick if not faster. Just don't be a SQUID! (SPEED QUICKLY UNTIL I DIE)

Vsnlweb,
just go get that M1 ASAP and then figure out your next step later. It's only $20 bucks. But that's what I struggled with...I actually intended to get it in 2012, and now look where I am. I could have had my full M by now.

i was pretty nervous about the M1, passing the test and having to redo it several times. In fact, I passed it with a perfect score. It's not as hard as it sounds, but the legislation and regulation questions will do you in if you are not ready. Writing the test took me about 10-15 min. I was at the office first thing and was out in about an hour total. I did it about a month ago.

i used the handbook and also an iPhone app for M1 tests. It was $2 but i actually credit it with why I got a perfect score. Well worth the money. I also did all the free online tests I could find but found the iPhone app one the simplest way to go because all the free online test web pages are laden with ads that get in the way...

but like I said...GO GET the M1 now and figure it out later...you can search my post on here for "one step at a time". That's why I posted with that title...literally you have to do one thing to get to the next... All you have to lose is $20 and your time.

Thanks for the advice guys. Right now I'm in London at school, so I'm pretty much gonna take the course there. As far as insurance goes, the rates that I got with State Farm is 157 a month for GSX-R, the Honda was more. So I'm kinda glad I called around first!

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice guys. Right now I'm in London at school, so I'm pretty much gonna take the course there. As far as insurance goes, the rates that I got with State Farm is 157 a month for GSX-R, the Honda was more. So I'm kinda glad I called around first!

157/month for a 600 cc bike with statefarm? What address are you giving them? Are you under 25? That quote doesn't make any sense whatsoever, unless you gave the london address you're at/over 25.

157/month for a 600 cc bike with statefarm? What address are you giving them? Are you under 25? That quote doesn't make any sense whatsoever, unless you gave the london address you're at/over 25.

Yeh, I did give my London address and I am 33. So yeh, you're right on both counts. Lol

The very first quote I got was $4000 and she said that they would have to place me with facility. I literally almost had a heart attack. If I didn't read the beginner posts I would've just dropped the whole thing tbh.

Statefarm pricing is the best, I paid 136/mo for my r6 with Statefarm when I got my m1 years back. All they care about is having a G class license and no more then 2 tickets under your belt. 25+ also helps a lot.

So... Finally passed my M2. Honestly I thought it was gonna be much harder. But it wasn't bad at all... Still deciding on what I want tho... Have some time since I gotta get some finances in order!

congrats on m2. lots of options for you. living in london and 25+ is great for insurance. i would still suggest getting a non-SS bike to be more comfortable. even if its just 1 full season.

Back
Top Bottom