canceling insurance during winter months is this doable | GTAMotorcycle.com

canceling insurance during winter months is this doable

Short answer: No. Your winter insurance is "free" or very cheap.

Cancel it for the Summer and ride in the Spring and Fall.

I dont understand if sf is giving me 12 equal payments then why cant i just cancel in october and renew in april
Because if you cancel they will send you a bill for what you owe them...they are allowing you to make 12 equal payments but the percentage of premium by month is much different. It's been discussed to death here

Cancel it for the Summer and ride in the Spring and Fall.

Someone with wisdom here! I know people who did this... his rate is over $5k/year so he only rides in colder months.

They didnt say anything my broker said you could do it but it would look bad if you came to renew with then the next season

Gotta pay to play. Canceling and going with another company will continually make your insurance higher if I'm not mistaken. It is what it is. That's why you should look for insurance before buying a bike as a new rider. You didn't pick a cheap bike to operate.

SF.jpg

Do the math

Either we are getting trolled or buddy doesn't like the answers he is getting.

He'll just go with another company. He certainly seems to KNOW what he is doing, voiding all of our advice.

Good luck

So ill just got with a new company

You have used up all the coverage, you still owe them money if you cancel.

It is SFs way of being nice. They give you 6-7 months of coverage but let you pay over 12 months. If you cancel after 7 months you still used all of our coverage so you still owe the balance.

Your plan is not a good plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many posts do you need about insurance? Insure in Alberta under you friends address? Fraud. Cancelling every winter? Not good either.
Face it, you've got to pay to play! If you can't insure your bike properly, you should have bought a smaller, cheaper bike.

"You lost 15 friends on motorcycles? and you have only been riding since 2008? was this a group ride that fell off a cliff or are you being serious?"-ZX600

How many posts do you need about insurance? Insure in Alberta under you friends address? Fraud. Cancelling every winter? Not good either.
Face it, you've got to pay to play! If you can't insure your bike properly, you should have bought a smaller, cheaper bike.

"You lost 15 friends on motorcycles? and you have only been riding since 2008? was this a group ride that fell off a cliff or are you being serious?"-ZX600

So, what exactly are you trying to say?
I think we need another thread for clarification.

Back
Top Bottom