insuring your ontario bike in alberta but riding in ontario ??anyone know how to | GTAMotorcycle.com

insuring your ontario bike in alberta but riding in ontario ??anyone know how to

mihibabic

So i was wondering if i would be able to insure my ontario bike in alberta i have an a address i can use there my cousins would i need to change my license and things like that let me know if you have heard of people doing this

Good luck. I can't remember the amount of days you have to change it over but you can't and likely won't get away with it. For long. Tempting for proper insurance rates though isn't it?

Oh and to do so you'd have to get the bike to Alberta. Have an out of province inspection done. Plate it. Insure it then get it back here.

Last edited:
You only have a limited time in Ontario before you are legally required to switch to Ontario plates. The insurance company in Alberta will see through this scam if you make a claim and are living and working in Ontario.

Yes I think that you have 3 weeks to change your plates to the Ontario plates once you move here per say, I remember that when I drove my car from B.C. to Toronto I got pulled over here and that's what the cop told me!

Go on Assassin's ride & ask questions lol

you would have to register the bike in alberta, this would likely include a safety inspection. Not sure what it would cost to go out there with the bike and have it inspected and registered... you likely would have to move your licence out there too. If you really want to ride but can't afford to ride on the streets get a dirt bike and go trail riding.

Not sure what it would cost to move your licence to alberta either. you also would have to get an alberta health insurance card. you're probably just better to move out there for real.

Here is a perfect example of insurance fraud, I can't believe he actually post this question on an open forum :banghead:

Why can't we have a sticky "Scamming the insurers and why it doesn't work"

^This. I love it when people think they can 1up insurance, and that no one in history has ever thought to try the same thing. Not to mention if you ever did get caught, say goodbye to ever riding or driving again in life.

Back
Top Bottom