How did you overcome your fear of riding? | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How did you overcome your fear of riding?

First thing I did after my crash was ride past where it happened. I was fine after that. Nerves all gone. It seems some folks need more seat time and or private lessons if they're nervous about so many things with the bike. Ride confident or don't ride because riding scared will get you hurt. :dontknow:

"also, for parking garages what do you do? I have just been putting it in first and cranking it"
I guess cranking it is ok but what if you have stop on the incline, yield, or there is blind corner. Stopped on an incline I, with my left foot on the ground, slowly release the rear brake while at the same time slowly giving it some throttle/clutch action. Practice on some small incline. Stop and go straight, Stop and go left, Stop and go right. practice practice.

To help with the on-off lurching, especially for stability during low speed manoeuvres, you stay on a steady throttle and gently drag the rear brake. This reduces the need to roll off the throttle and adds stability. You'll really benefit from this in first and second gear parking lot speeds.

Back
Top Bottom