Year of the kinkless garden hose | GTAMotorcycle.com

Year of the kinkless garden hose

inreb

Site Supporter
Who has an unkinkable garden hose? And where did you get it? I'm serious, don't talk up your hose like it's gods gift to hoses if it isn't. This is gut check time.

I had two of those magical expandable ones, they are great for about 30 days and then explode on day 31.

Honestly, both of them, like clockwork.

I use a cheapo Walmart one. The key to keeping it from kinking is to only coil/uncoil/move it when it is pressurized. The water pressure forces it to hold its shape

I use a heavy gauge rubber hose and loop it in an over-under way to prevent kinks. Or use a reel.

Yes, heavy gauge rubber. Best at Rona and Home Depot is rubber/vinyl. Kink test is not convincing. I drove right past WallyWorld and CTC, why bother? Was hoping to pick up Craftsman(per internet review) @ Sears. No dice. How are they still in business?

I have hose. In different area codes.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Seriously though, Costco should have the kink free 5/8 in by now.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

I have one of those light weight clear flat - kinkless garden hose from Home Hardware. So far so good. Purchased last Spring. I know a lot of people were having issues with them bursting (as mentioned above) but recently that had a recall and hopefully they sorted it out.

I keep buying the variety with enhanced kinkability :( I'ts basically looking like a snake origami by the time i wash my car.

I have one exactly like the first link. I've only had it for 30 years. No problems yet, other than it split a few times at the male end. It started out being 100'. It's likely down to ~70' now. Still waiting for it to kink.
Highly recommend.

edit: just looked up Lee Valley. One in Burlington. I'm going to get another 100'er.
thanks for the links!!

Second link is available (50') at Cdn Tire for a couple extra bucks. (no experience)
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/flexzilla-garden-hose-50-ft-0594365p.html#.VQsbD8tFBeU

Last edited:
The old home owners left me with their regular old hose (Thank you) works like a charm! yes it takes up some space

Good info, will be going to Lee Valley in Waterdown near future. CTC across the street won't see my money purely on principle. CTC blurb states "hose will not kink under pressure" ??? what a buncha boneheads, that's nothing to brag about.

oops

Last edited:
inground sprinklers and automatic car washes.

no need for stinking hoses...

/end thread...

inground sprinklers and automatic car washes.

no need for stinking hoses...

/end thread...

a.jpg

being able to coil a hose, roll an extension cord and tie a truckers hitch are the last manly arts. Harden up pussies.

Back
Top Bottom