Noob new to track. where to go? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Noob new to track. where to go?

Just an FYI - We allow camping at GBM in the pit area near where you will be taking the course. We have permanent washrooms and showers and you can bring/run you own generator (sorry- no electric hookups). The Piney is an awesome facility, but if your not able to use most of what it offers (since you will be in riding school for most of the day) it make more sense to stay at GBM and save some money. You should also check the Pinery alcohol restrictions since I know they have them on certain weekends. Also at night GBM s only a 5 minute $10 cab ride into/from town (at least 20 minutes from the Pinery). If a hotel is your preference the Bluewater is a good one at a great rate.

Wicked! I didn't know this was an option. Will probably stay at GBM if my friends don't confirm that they're camping that weekend. None of them are taking the course but might be camping near by.

nobody is doing fast???

i am booked for may 19/20.. anyone else?
Hey man. I'm taking phase 2 with fast on 20th.

I did stage 1 with racer 5 and didn't like mainly due to the instructor. I heard great things about other racer 5 instructors but not this one. Hence I've decided to go to Merciers school instead. I'll see you there.

I'm Anoop BTW.

Hey man. I'm taking phase 2 with fast on 20th.

I did stage 1 with racer 5 and didn't like mainly due to the instructor. I heard great things about other racer 5 instructors but not this one. Hence I've decided to go to Merciers school instead. I'll see you there.

I'm Anoop BTW.
Nice.. see you there.. racer5 is awesome.. i just wanted to try this... no real big difference in my opinion.. lets see how it is in person... guessing i could learn from you.. see you bud

For those that were at Grand Bend this weekend doing Racer5 does anybody know the name of the photographer? I had a great time minus the ****** weather :D

For those that were at Grand Bend this weekend doing Racer5 does anybody know the name of the photographer? I had a great time minus the ****** weather :D

It was terrible all weekend weather-wise! I'm guessing the program rolls rain or shine eh?

Yup rain or shine.. same as fast riding school.... exception is dangerous weather ( i guess flooding or something that excessive).

Almost everyone in my group binned during our course. Those bikes are so cheap to fix and most of the time its just bending something back into shape. Worth every penny.

Did you ? (binn) ? If so, what was the $$ ?

$150 for the body panels is not exactly cheap (for me).

Though I guess you just add ~150 to the price of the course right off the bat :/

Or do the body panels need to be more than just scratched to be charged ~$150 ?

Did you ? (binn) ? If so, what was the $$ ?

$150 for the body panels is not exactly cheap (for me).

Though I guess you just add ~150 to the price of the course right off the bat :/

Or do the body panels need to be more than just scratched to be charged ~$150 ?

You would need to really **** up the panels for them to change it (something sticking out, won't stay on anymore, etc.)

Most of the bikes have frame sliders so unless you flip the bike, the damage will be scratches and maybe a crack.

油井緋色;2318596 said:
You would need to really **** up the panels for them to change it (something sticking out, won't stay on anymore, etc.)

Most of the bikes have frame sliders so unless you flip the bike, the damage will be scratches and maybe a crack.

They will charge you the full 150 to repaint it if you even scratch the fairing a bit (no breaks). I know cause it happened to me. That's something I'm not very happy about with them. But they also don't want to brand themselves with crappy beater bikes so I understand that. But no they don't have frame sliders that protector the front cowl.

Last edited:
They will charge you the full 150 to repaint it if you even rash it a bit (no breaks). I know cause it happened to me.

Really? Damn I take back what I said.

油井緋色;2318627 said:
Really? Damn I take back what I said.

It was cheaper to bin my ZX6 since my bike has the proper sliders and all.

They will charge you the full 150 to repaint it if you even scratch the fairing a bit (no breaks). I know cause it happened to me. That's something I'm not very happy about with them. But they also don't want to brand themselves with crappy beater bikes so I understand that. But no they don't have frame sliders that protector the front cowl.

Thanks for the feedback.
There must be some confusion, even though the paperwork that you sign states that damage to each panel is $150, we won't charge $150 if there isn't any fiberglass work required.
If its just something we can send to our paint shop for a buzz and a spray we will only charge $75.
If its something we can seamlessly use touch up paint on then we won't charge anything for it.

The frame slider issue is moot as we find that the damage between a bike with frame sliders (especially on a 125) and one without is non-existent.
Some of our bikes do have sliders on them as they are ex 125 Cup bikes and we leave them on as they aren't really anything people have complained about or proven to be dangerous.

The bodywork damage on CBR125s is normally limited to the outer edge of the front fairing and the tail cone, neither of which would we saved with frame sliders likewise levers and bars sit too far out get any benefit from frame sliders.

We don't charge anything for expensive parts such as fuel tanks and mufflers, unless they are unusable, further reducing the cost to our students.
On top of this we don't charge anything for insurance and offer out students a $500 deductible, as you can see from our damage pricing we charge just the bare minimum to keep the fleet in presentable condition for our students.

Thanks once again for choosing Racer5 and hope to see you on track soon!

Thanks for the feedback.
There must be some confusion, even though the paperwork that you sign states that damage to each panel is $150, we won't charge $150 if there isn't any fiberglass work required.
If its just something we can send to our paint shop for a buzz and a spray we will only charge $75.
If its something we can seamlessly use touch up paint on then we won't charge anything for it.

The frame slider issue is moot as we find that the damage between a bike with frame sliders (especially on a 125) and one without is non-existent.
Some of our bikes do have sliders on them as they are ex 125 Cup bikes and we leave them on as they aren't really anything people have complained about or proven to be dangerous.

The bodywork damage on CBR125s is normally limited to the outer edge of the front fairing and the tail cone, neither of which would we saved with frame sliders likewise levers and bars sit too far out get any benefit from frame sliders.

We don't charge anything for expensive parts such as fuel tanks and mufflers, unless they are unusable, further reducing the cost to our students.
On top of this we don't charge anything for insurance and offer out students a $500 deductible, as you can see from our damage pricing we charge just the bare minimum to keep the fleet in presentable condition for our students.

Thanks once again for choosing Racer5 and hope to see you on track soon!
I was charged 150 for some light rash on the front cowl. It was explained to me it would need to be sent to the -painter- to redo the whole thing and not just the spot. Your policy and mechanic must not be on the same page.

I was also charged 30 for a new screen because one tab broke off on it (no scratches or damage to it otherwise).

I had rode off into the grass to avoid crashing into another rider that grabbed the brakes (I should have kept my distance as she had done so previously). I was already slowing down and wiped out.

In comparison, low siding (going faster than I did on the 125) on my ZX worn down the frame slider, broke my peg, scraped (not bent) the front lever, and scraped the rear spool. Even if I replaced all those parts (while only needing to replace the peg) would cost $100. The fairings didn't hit the ground.

I also had the lowest damage bill for the weekend at 180+ tax. Again, since I was slowing down into and hit the grass.
I'm just getting the facts out there. It's not at all cheap to drop Racer5 bikes.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom