Re: 23 Years Old, GM2, Clean/No Record, GSXR-600 - What are my options for Insurance? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Re: 23 Years Old, GM2, Clean/No Record, GSXR-600 - What are my options for Insurance?

Re: 23 Years Old, GM2, Clean/No Record, GSXR-600 - What are my options for Insurance?

Plot twist, I am going to be working in London and have decided to move there so I was wondering would insurance be cheaper here compared to downtown toronto? Would it make a significant difference if I relocated to London and provided insurance companies with my new address?

It'll make a small difference, as Toronto is the 3rd highest for insurance in Ontario and London is not. Your problem, as you know, is you're under 25, have little experience and a 600cc bike. Even if you lived in North Bay, you're still going to be into big dollars until you're a few years older or get a smaller bike. Sucks.

#1 piece of advice....

Having never been in the game its not a good idea to be a dumbass and go rushing to buy bike without even knowing beforehand what maintenance/ownership costs are going to be like...

Have you set aside a budget for gear yet?

Already have my gear and have my
bike also and am well aware of any maintenance costs associated with ownership of a bike. thanks for your concern...

Already have my gear and have my
bike also and am well aware of any maintenance costs associated with ownership of a bike. thanks for your concern...
Did you get a quote yet?

Did you get a quote yet?

Yes he did! $8000 with State Farm, $10600 with TD. But I'm thinking if he moves to London, it'll be more like $850 a year. Am I right? :D

"You lost 15 friends on motorcycles? and you have only been riding since 2008? was this a group ride that fell off a cliff or are you being serious?"-ZX600

No I think your still a little off the mark London should be more like $300/yr tops...:lmao: Pretty sure that was what I paid when I got my 1981Honda 500cc and lived in London. Of course that was 1984..lol

Yes he did! $8000 with State Farm, $10600 with TD. But I'm thinking if he moves to London, it'll be more like $850 a year. Am I right? :D

"You lost 15 friends on motorcycles? and you have only been riding since 2008? was this a group ride that fell off a cliff or are you being serious?"-ZX600

Should have tried starting on a 500 that would have been better and still a good size bike... Ride safe!

Should have tried starting on a 500 that would have been better and still a good size bike... Ride safe!

....and coincidentally someone has one for sale, amirite?? :p

So Dalton Timmis quoted me close to $6000. Looks like statefarm is definitely the best quote so far.

I just got my insurance last week, I'm 22M with GM2 license, live in Vaughan. My first bike, 2008 DRZ400SM. I got my insurance for $112/month. really happy about the rate. Insurance from Desjardins.

So Dalton Timmis quoted me close to $6000. Looks like statefarm is definitely the best quote so far.

Lemme know if you want to sell - looking for a 6hunnid

....and coincidentally someone has one for sale, amirite??
Lmao... I do... hahah
Have a friend coming to check out this week maybe.. but it's a good price n excellent starter bike especially for insurance ;)

I just got my insurance last week, I'm 22M with GM2 license, live in Vaughan. My first bike, 2008 DRZ400SM. I got my insurance for $112/month. really happy about the rate. Insurance from Desjardins.

That seems pretty impressive. Liability only I assume?

Back
Top Bottom