Re: 23 Years Old, GM2, Clean/No Record, GSXR-600 - What are my options for Insurance? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Re: 23 Years Old, GM2, Clean/No Record, GSXR-600 - What are my options for Insurance?

waqeezy

Re: 23 Years Old, GM2, Clean/No Record, GSXR-600 - What are my options for Insurance?

Hi, I bought my very first bike this winter (2007 gsxr 600). I have had my G license for 5 years. clean/no record. As you know, summer is right around the corner and I am looking to get insurance for my bike, Liability plus fire and theft. I am turning 23 march 28th and will get insured when im 23 (if that helps lowering the cost). I am also a student. What insurance companies are options for me at this point? I am aware of TD and statefarm and will contact them for a quote. However, are there any smaller companies that might insure a 600cc for cheaper? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Welcome to the forum. Those are your two choices as far as I know. Try dalton timmis perhaps? Either way I hope you're prepared for a large number. Only thing that may help is if the bike is older. Good luck.

Sf and td will probably be your best bet. Turning 23 doesnt do anything for ya. Update us on what youll be paying monthly.

Got a quote from statefarm for $306/month, which is decent i guess?

Damn. I wouldn't ride if it cost that a month just for insurance. I don't envy younger folks at all these days. Try dalton and see if you get lucky.

Bend over bud.

Got a quote from statefarm for $306/month, which is decent i guess?

If you have a car and bring it over at statefarm (at the time I did it) it reduces your bike insurance by 50%

300/month decent?? Any chances of getting it lowered under 200 if I'm 25 but under 5 years with a G licence?

300/month decent?? Any chances of getting it lowered under 200 if I'm 25 but under 5 years with a G licence?

Best thing to do would be to give some insurance companies a call this way you'll be certain. This is because each quote is based on where you live, what bike, age and etc..

Not with State Farm, they won't insure you at all unless you've had your full g for five or more years.

"You lost 15 friends on motorcycles? and you have only been riding since 2008? was this a group ride that fell off a cliff or are you being serious?"-ZX600

That's actually pretty good. My first year of insurance for a Ninja 250cc (when I was 21) cost me 336/month. I'm now at 152/month in my 3rd year of riding.

I got a quote from TD (Meloche Monnex) for close to $10600 which is ridiculous! Tried calling Jevco, primmum, rider plus, Intact, des jardins and none of them insure super sport motorcycles at all. Will give dalton timmis a call tomorrow!

I got a quote from TD (Meloche Monnex) for close to $10600 which is ridiculous! Tried calling Jevco, primmum, rider plus, Intact, des jardins and none of them insure super sport motorcycles at all. Will give dalton timmis a call tomorrow!

Sell the bike, get a 250. Better yet, a 125. :(. Sorry but that's the reality...

"You lost 15 friends on motorcycles? and you have only been riding since 2008? was this a group ride that fell off a cliff or are you being serious?"-ZX600

Op, good on you for keeping your record clean so early on. I was not so... fortunate. I'd agree with some of the other posters, sell / trade the gixxer for something a bit tamer - gs500, gw250 etc. I had the same experience back in 1990 with my '85 Interceptor 750. I ended up on an 86 XL 250, and to be honest the vf750f was way more bike than I could handle at that time anyway.

Plot twist, I am going to be working in London and have decided to move there so I was wondering would insurance be cheaper here compared to downtown toronto? Would it make a significant difference if I relocated to London and provided insurance companies with my new address?

Plot twist, I am going to be working in London and have decided to move there so I was wondering would insurance be cheaper here compared to downtown toronto? Would it make a significant difference if I relocated to London and provided insurance companies with my new address?
Yes, but nothung crazy. Call for quotes because we cant give you specific numvers for your case

#1 piece of advice....

Having never been in the game its not a good idea to be a dumbass and go rushing to buy bike without even knowing beforehand what maintenance/ownership costs are going to be like...

Have you set aside a budget for gear yet?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom