Alpinestar Tech 3 Boots VS Icon Raiden DKR boots? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Alpinestar Tech 3 Boots VS Icon Raiden DKR boots?

Fr33On2Wh33ls

ALPINESTAR TECH 3 $230

• Contoured shin plate is injected with high modulus PU for a high level of impact and abrasion resistance
  • Reinforced leather plate runs along rear of the boot
  • Extended inside and outside plate guards the side and toe-box area of the boot
  • Calf plate designed for maximum grip, support and side contact
  • Patented "ankle brace" with shock absorbing ankle padding
  • Internal plastic reinforcement on the inner side of the boot is covered by thick stamped suede for increased grip and heat resistance
  • Instep flex-zone stitched for maximum support
  • Action leather upper
  • Alpinestars exclusive high-grip rubber double density compound outsole with a contoured tempered steel shank over injected inside the assembly insole
  • Four buckles with memory featuring a quick release/locking system
  • High impact resistant buckles made from injected techno-polymer
  • Top of the boot is sealed with a Velcro® brand closure strap connected to elastic stretch PVC
  • Poly fabric lining coupled with multi-density EVA
  • Removable anatomic foot bed
  • Extended gaiter helps prevent water entry
  • Standard Tech 3 Boots come with a molded MX sole. Black and Brown versions available with a grippier All-Terrain sole designed for enduro and ATV riders who require more traction

ICON RAIDEN DKR $265

• MATERIAL: Leather Chassis
  • CERTIFICATION: Tested and Certified According to Standard - EN 13634:2010 Including Optional Waterproof Requirement
  • LINER: Insulated/Waterproof Internal Liner
  • PROTECTORS: Dual Hinged Shin Plate with D3O® Insert, Toe, Ankle, Heel Protectors
  • DETAILS: Metal Buckles, Rear Entry Zip w/Gusset, Stretch Cordura® Panels, Dual Hinge Thermoplastic Shin Plate

I am trying to decide between these two boots. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Is this for a street bike? The Tech3s are a full offroad/MX boot and are great in that role, but they'd be terrible to live with on the street. They don't really have any flexibility at the toe or ankle, so you shift by lifting your entire leg up against the shift lever. I like mine a lot, but I'd never recommend them if you are planning to walk any distance, like across a parking lot.

The Icons look much more like a regular street boot.

See which ones fit better.
That's always my first concern.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

As has been said street or dirt use? Dirt the tech 3 are OK and actually what I use, for street I have a pair of Dainese torque out and a pair of Daytona EVO sports.

I would be using the boot strictly for street but will likely throw a pair of running shoes in a bag if I plan to walk anywhere.

When my chain snapped in 2011 it got caught in my wheel and I lowsided. I fractured a bone in my foot and needless to say my life was severely impacted. Was wearing cheapo joe rocket boots.
This season I want an overly supportive boot, one that offers exceptional protection and will give me a little more peice of mind...

The get the Dainese or Daytona boot there are no other boots that offer the same level of protection for the street. Dirt bike boots are not the answer

sent from a device using a program

I think it would be hard to find anything more protective than the Tech3s at that particular price point, but you'll really need to go try them on to see if you could live with them.

Oddly enough, some of the other off road boots under $200 might be more appropriate for street use because of their lighter, more flexible materials, while still being a lot more supportive than regular street boots. Royal Distributing has a pretty good selection.

Have a look at those Daytona and Dainese models mentioned earlier. Although they're a lot more expensive, their hinged internal structure provides a lot of protection without the drawbacks of an off road boot.

Excuse my ignorance, but "hinged internal structure"?

Got it, thank you.
Not trying to hijack, just also in the market for boots.

I have the tech 3, do not buy it as a street boot. I could barely ride my vstrom with that boot on, couldn't shift for ****. Great off-road, sucks big time on road.

"You lost 15 friends on motorcycles? and you have only been riding since 2008? was this a group ride that fell off a cliff or are you being serious?"-ZX600

Back
Top Bottom