VPN recommendations | GTAMotorcycle.com

VPN recommendations

daught

I have mullvad but speed is between 2-8mbit on a few servers.

Anyone know a vpn that consistently delivers 20mbit+?

Bump as I have recently become interested in setting up a VPN and am wondering what others are using.

I found a lot of references to www.privateinternetaccess.com -- anyone here have experience with them?

I use blockless for DNS. They have a VPN service as well though, not sure speeds.

Seriously check out blockless. I use them for US Netflix through the PS3. Easy as pie.

If you end up going with Torguard, they have a special atm. A lifetime recurring subscription for $29.99USD/year.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/torguard-vpn-lifetime-recurring-subscription-29-99-usd-1747179/

Read the thread though. A few complained about the speed. I've heard good things about AirVPN. The problem with a lot of companies is that they keep logs. Other do so partially as they are required by law but they don't hide that.

TorrentFreak does a yearly review of VPNs which is a good read but still read user reviews online (i.e. reddit) to hear what people have to say about the service.

https://torrentfreak.com/anonymous-vpn-service-provider-review-2015-150228/

Last edited:
Bump as I have recently become interested in setting up a VPN and am wondering what others are using.

I found a lot of references to www.privateinternetaccess.com -- anyone here have experience with them?

I have this. Zero problems with US and UK Netflix. I don't torrent so can't comment on that, but streaming seems fine. Some deals on subscription I believe, I got mine as a 1yr repeating deal. Lots of options to change to different countries and very clear instructions for all devices.

Lots of options to change to different countries and very clear instructions for all devices.

This.

I've been with PIA for about 6 months. Reliable service, good speed and detailed setup instructions for both novices and advanced users.

PIA seems good, but I just don't trust anything US based when it comes to privacy.

I tried mullvad which is great for privacy but it was kinda slow.

I switched to airvpn and it's good. About 800-1200 kilobytes downloads. Pandora works well on my phone. I don't bother with netflix.

Dumb question, what do you use VPN for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dumb question, what do you use VPN for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VPN - Virtual Private Network.. its basically for privacy, tunnels all your traffic through a private network where your data isn't stored. Also for letting you access regional programming in parts of the world you are not in. For example to access UK netflix in Canada.

I use PIA and never have had any downtime or any issues at all.

I've been using NordVPN. Based in South America and claim to keep zero logs. Private Internet Access (PIA) looks good, but they are based in the US, so who knows what the NSA is sniffing, or if they have any back doors into things happening on their soil.

Back
Top Bottom