mihibabic

I just got my m1
Brand new fz 09
50 years old
Driving for 20 years 1 at fault 8 years ago no tickets
Looking for 1 way insurance cheapest possible
Living in mississauga

Thanks very much

Check with State Farm. Just Google them, search off their website. They have a broker search function. Email or call them... They have been awesome with me so far :)

I just got my m1
Brand new fz 09
50 years old
Living in mississauga

Thanks very much

Also try TD, just got a really good rate from them.

"You lost 15 friends on motorcycles? and you have only been riding since 2008? was this a group ride that fell off a cliff or are you being serious?"-ZX600

Welcome to the life. New rider, FZ09? ...50 or not that's a handful of bike for a newb(didn't say if you had riding experience before your M1). You're gonna just have to call up a bunch. What do you mean by "1 way insurance"?

State Farm. That bike + M1 = over $2000 EASY!

It's far to late to tell you it wasn't a great choice for your first ride but it's yours now so please be careful and stay away from A mode for a while.

In reference
I'm 33
Mississauga (hey neighbour!)
Full M since 2005
Been insured since 2000 and never lapsed
No tickets / claims EVER
My Bike is a new 2014 FZ-09
Insured by intact currently (will be moving the bike to Aviva with my car when policy renews)
FULL COVERAGE
$1,050 A year

Age helps but experienced riding is what they are looking for.

Let us know how you do man. Have fun and PLEASE be safe!!!!!

Edit* Don't quote me but I don't think state farm will insure you with an M1. I could be wrong.

Last edited:
So i tried td they said 4500

Riders plus gave me quotes for 2000 full coverge
1400 no collosion or compreensive
All he said i had to do was take the motorcycle course and he would have me.insured as a m2 the next day no waiting 60 days i still havent tried statefarm i hear they are the best but when i had them for car and.home they charged up the ***

Riders plus is an AMAZING rate for your experience level. I wouldn't take anything less then full coverage on a new bike.

Did that price by back your health coverage?

Again I'd jump on the $2000 quote IMO

All he said i had to do was take the motorcycle course and he would have me.insured as a m2 the next day no waiting 60 days i still havent tried statefarm i hear they are the best but when i had them for car and.home they charged up the ***

That's an excellent rate from Riders.
I'm 51 and have had my M2 since 2011. I'm riding a Virago 1100 and my rate is $1200 per year full coverage through Intact.

StateFarm is not the best at all. It's only good if you have a super sport or M1. Other than that, you will most likely find better deals elsewhere. Try Intact, Echelon, Desjardins, Allstate once you get your M2.

I've had my M2 for just over a year now and asked StateFram, who I'm insured with, if getting my M would make a difference on the rates I pay. Answer is no, wont make a difference at all.

StateFarm is not the best at all. It's only good if you have a super sport or M1. Other than that, you will most likely find better deals elsewhere. Try Intact, Echelon, Desjardins, Allstate once you get your M2.

Exactly! I insure through Riders Plus and have a policy with Echelon for my DS but when I got my SS Riders Plus told me they couldn't arrange insurance so I turned to State Farm (Desjardins now) who had no issues insuring it. I believe they base it on cc of the bike and not type such as; Super Sport, Dual Sport, Sport Touring, etc.

Ride safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally for motorcycle insurance. Riders plus might be your best bet. I have tried al, the big companies in the past and nothing compares to Riders Plus

They may be doing you a favor. An FZ09 is a lot of bike for a new rider, I'm actually surprised anyone will give you coverage.

I'm not 50, but my quote in the Hammer online was $990, but I have a full M for a long time.

I just got my m1
Brand new fz 09
50 years old
Living in mississauga

Thanks very much

Are you financing? Or bought?
Most insurance companies AFAIK will not give 1 way coverage on a financed or leased vehicle.

I pay 750$/year 1 way fire +theft. full coverage was double.
M1 for 8 weeks
M2 for few days :)
yamaha r600 2004
31 y/o
All state (multiple coverage including car)

Btw, anyone looking at All state, had a few people call for a quote, they may not even insure you under 30 with a SS.

For what it's worth, try Co-Operators. I have a group rate discount through them - which is why I called for quotes thinking to switch from Intact. House, two cars and my FZ8 Fazer is what I have - so I assume some sort of bundle discount applies here too.

I am 32 and GM licensed (G1 since 16 yrs old, M1 only 3 years ago). The group rate helped, but every item's premium dropped significantly. The FZ8, for example: $1060/yr with Intact. $600/yr with Co-Operators. Full coverage. Co-Operates said the bike is black-listed, but on a case-by-case basis they review with their underwriters if they'll insure or not.

The Co-Operaters agent even suggested dumping collision off the bike - dropping the premium to $500/yr. I left it on for this year, despite his logic being pretty sound for why not to carry collision on my bike.

Last edited:
Poor guy. He thought it was a good idea to ask such a question on GTAM .... he was told and told again.

Just wondering, did you get your bike insured?? If you don't mind could you tell us with who and how much? Always good to have updated information... Lol

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom