SS vs cruiser insurance rates with TDMM ?? | GTAMotorcycle.com

SS vs cruiser insurance rates with TDMM ??

ViperZ

Site Supporter
I am planning to switch from '06 CBR600 F4i (classified SS by TDMM) to ~'04 VTX 1300 this season.

I am currently paying ~$105/mth for F4i. Got a quote from TDMM for VTX - over $155 a month!!! Checked with Intact - $107. So same rider, same location, same everything. Since when is TDMM charging more for cruiser insurance than a 600cc supersport???

TDMM is still ahead of everybody else on car insurance for me with their corporate rate discount, but with their increases and with this insane bike insurance cost, I may have to move my car/house/bike insurance from them now... (every rate increased this year - car, house and bike - no tickets, no accidents).

1300cc vs 600cc

I'm starting to think TDMM curves their rates exponentially on displacement... for small displacement bikes they're pretty reasonable

Justin, it's cruiser vs SS. I know that StateFarm does their insurance based on CC, but I didn't know TDMM followed them.

Another weird thing. 07 V-star 1300 came up at $92/mth. 07 V-star 1100 is coming up at $86/mth (all liability only). 04 VTX 1800C is coming up as 93/mth. Weird, now VTX1300S is coming up as $93. I guess, maybe TDMM website did not work right and did not show all the discounts that I was supposed to get. I'll call them tomorrow.

Yeah never rely upon quotes generated by any of the companies websites they are all over the place and wrong more than they are close. Give the various companies calls to get a proper or close quotation.

Justin, it's cruiser vs SS. I know that StateFarm does their insurance based on CC, but I didn't know TDMM followed them.

Another weird thing. 07 V-star 1300 came up at $92/mth. 07 V-star 1100 is coming up at $86/mth (all liability only). 04 VTX 1800C is coming up as 93/mth. Weird, now VTX1300S is coming up as $93. I guess, maybe TDMM website did not work right and did not show all the discounts that I was supposed to get. I'll call them tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom